PV Athletes Earn Academic Honors

Storm96

PVAMU STUDENT-ATHLETES EARN ACADEMIC HONORS
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 09:18 PM

PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas ? Nearly half of Prairie View A&M University?s student-athletes were among the students who received special recognition for being named to the University Honor Roll and Dean?s List at the annual Founder?s Day and Honors Recognition Convocation on Wednesday, March 29 in the William J. Nicks Building.

A total of 167 student-athletes received academic recognition. Ten were named to the honor roll for both the 2005 spring and 2005 fall semesters, while 43 student-athletes made the honor roll during the fall 2005 semester and 21 student-athletes made the spring 2005 honor roll. One hundred and nine student-athletes were among those listed on the Dean?s List. Twelve student-athletes made the Dean?s List both semesters.

Students who earn recognition on the honor roll must have a GPA between 3.5 and 4.0 for the semester. The Dean?s List consisted of students who attain a GPA between 3.0 and 3.49.

http://pvamu.edu/pages/285.asp?item=2162

C-LeB28 said:
Prairie View Agricultural & Mechanical University! :tup:

:topic:

PV grads....when did the degrees stop spelling out "Agricultural and Mechanical"?

I'm Class of 2001 and my degree has the "A&M". I noticed that older Panthers have degrees with the complete name of the University.

I was just curious...when did it go to just "A&M"???

Storm96 said:
:topic:

PV grads....when did the degrees stop spelling out "Agricultural and Mechanical"?

I'm Class of 2001 and my degree has the "A&M". I noticed that older Panthers have degrees with the complete name of the University.

I was just curious...when did it go to just "A&M"???

Methinks it was somewhere around that Becton/Hines mistake-transition. :) A lot changed on the degrees during that timeframe.

Prairie View is a great HBCU...I'm so proud to hear this! Keep up the outstanding work, PV! :bowdown:

Also, congratulations on 130 years of a "Legacy of Greatness"!

PVAMU 130 th Founders Day and Honors Recognition Convocation
Highlighted by Address from Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund CEO
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas-- Wednesday, March 29, Prairie View A&M University celebrated 130 years of excellence in teaching, research and service during a special Founders Day and Honors Recognition Convocation at 10:00 a.m. at the William J. ?Billy? Nicks University Field House on the university campus. The theme for this year?s Convocation was, ?Celebrating 130 Years of Excellence in Achievement through Academic Perseverance.? Students who have achieved Dean?s list and University honors by earning excellent grade point averages were recognized.

Panthro said:
Methinks it was somewhere around that Becton/Hines mistake-transition. :) A lot changed on the degrees during that timeframe.

It had to be during the Percy Pierre reign because mines has Prairie View A&M University of Texas of it.

Also when did they switch to those larger diplomas?

Fiyah said:
It had to be during the Percy Pierre reign because mines has Prairie View A&M University of Texas of it.

:slap:

Didn't I just say Becton/Hines transition? :mad: (wasn't that around 93ish or thereabouts? :confused: )

Mine sez "Prairie View A&M University of Texas" on it. :confused: lol Let me go back and re-read this thread.

MEN?S CROSS COUNTRY AND MEN?S TENNIS

ACHIEVE PERFECT APR SCORES

PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas ? According to the NCAA in a recent release, the Prairie View A&M University men?s cross country and men?s tennis teams received accolades for achieving a perfect score on the Academic Progress Report (APR) for the 2003-04 and 2004-05 school year.

The APR, which was implemented by the NCAA during the 2003-04 school year, determines whether the team is subject to scholarship reductions because of its student-athletes' academic performance in the classroom. Each semester, the APR is computed and scholarship athletes can earn two points for maintaining their academic eligibility and re-enrolling in school the next semester. An APR of 1,000 is perfect but any score below 925 subjects a team to possible scholarship reductions.

Both squads were among 453 men?s and 595 women?s teams across the country to earn a perfect APR score. In addition, both teams represented two of the three men?s teams in the Southwestern Athletic Conference to make the list. In addition, the men?s tennis team captured the conference title last spring while the men?s cross country team won the SWAC championship in the fall of 2005.

?We?re pleased with the APR rate of those two teams,? said Prairie View athletic director Charles McClelland. ?Our ultimate goal is to have all of our teams at that level and we?re going to work diligently to achieve those goals.?

Well that is great news to hear in light of them losing 8 athletic academic scholarship recently. :tup: :tup: :tup:

Storm96 said:
PVAMU STUDENT-ATHLETES EARN ACADEMIC HONORS
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 09:18 PM

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Usually on that date I celebrate a birthday. But on this one I had to make a mad dash for the airport.

Fiyah said:

Thanks for the answer.

Fiyah said:

That is interesting because they went to even smaller ones in '95.

Back