Purple Rain ... It's been 20 years.

THAMES

It just doesn't seem that long ago . Purple Rain was one of my favorite all-time movies. Prince's performance at the Essence festivel marked the 20th anniversey of the movie. Prince, Morris Day and the time, Jerome and that mirror, and of course Apollonia.

B0002CTSUY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Prince
(amazon and wb)

funk-morrisday1.jpg

Morris Day ... "What Time Is It"

Morris-Day-and-The-TIme_lg.jpg

The Time

ApolloniaKotero01.jpg

Apollonia Kotero

-------------------

Sunday, July 4, 2004 Posted: 4:19 PM EDT (2019 GMT)

Prince performs at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans.

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- Anniversaries often bring reunions.

And to mark the 20th anniversary of "Purple Rain," Prince reunited with some of the players in his musical past -- Morris Day and The Time, guitarist Wendy Melvoin and former protege Sheila E.

----------------
Read the story ...
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/04/prince.ap/index.html

I remember going to that movie. We all know that there were few movies that appealed particularly to blacks around that time. The theatre was full and folk had a good time....,

I loved Prince but everybody knew the Time was the bomb. :dude: I wished Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis could have been in the movie but anyways...,

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
I remember going to that movie. We all know that there were few movies that appealed particularly to blacks around that time. The theatre was full and folk had a good time....,

Breakin' and Beat Street came out the same summer.

That movie (Purple Rain) had a line around the corner half a block long 4-6 six deep. Those were the days of going to the show.

The audience sounded like the Prince Mass Choir when they did back up for "Purple Rain"....Those were the days......

I scooped this up the other day. Twenty Years....man, I feel old.

Prince gotta love him. :tup:

Noooo!!!! I just purchased the regular Purple Rain. When does the 20th Anniversary comes out???

It will be released August 24th. While I was in Best Buy I also saw the 20th Anniversay edition of The Color Purple. I'll go pick that up this weekend.

Thanks for the info Thames. Man 84 was a great year:

I was 12...

Went to California to spend 2 weeks with family in Sacramento and Palo Alto,

Purple Rain, Breakin were the movies to go see!!!

Olympics were held in LA(we drove thru LA and man the traffic)!!!

PS...as u can see, I love the 80's!!!

docmump said:
Noooo!!!! I just purchased the regular Purple Rain. When does the 20th Anniversary comes out???

I did too. :smh: I guess I will give that copy to my sister and I buy the new one. :devil2:

I was in Jacksonville, Fla that year. Man that movie bring back a whole lot of memories. "Why Doves Cry" really rev up the memory banks. Man those days on the beaches. :bowdown:

Dayum 20 years. I remember seeing it at the Baldwin Hills movie theatre, we went about 6-7 deep. I was 15 yrs. old at the time, had a little job dealing with the Olympics and didn't have to beg Moms to pay for the ticket. Well, that is a dayum good movie and I had or may still have the soundtrack on vinyl.

Back