Prairie View was doomed after halftime!

Prairie View senior Michael Hill got the start at quarterback and led the Panthers into Southern territory three times in the first half. For the game, Hill completed 11 of 19 passes for 75 yards, and proved to be the most effective quarterback for Prairie View.

Halftime adjustments for the Panthers included inserting sophomore quarterback Chris Gibson, and moving Hill to wide receiver.
The move did little to ignite the Prairie View attack, which played just one second half series in Jaguars territory after Colby Miller got off a 3-yard punt. Frazier said the quarterback switch was a planned move.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/091805/sou_pvu001.shtml

Frazier also lamented being forced to gather his team on the grass just beyond the north end zone at halftime.

"We had nowhere to go," Frazier said. "The home-field advantage played a role in that. It was my decision to stay outside because we would have had to walk 10 minutes to another spot. To me it doesn't make any sense, but it's their home field and that's how they have it set up

They had to get dressed in a bldg almost a block away from the stadium. No real place to go and regroup for the 2nd half and it was real humid out there at the game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
jag4life said:
Where did SU go? Where do the other visiting teams go?

There was none for the visiting team. They gave them a place to get dressed before the game which was further away from the stadium then where the athletes dorm is located.

the band fan said:
the gym....that's a nice trot

Yeah... SU's team dresses there too... or used to. Halftime they don't go that far,though. I thought there were some small team rooms at the stadium under the home side.

I think it was one of the things that slowed the offense, along with the dropped pass that was a sure TD by the receiver (who was the starting QB). They tried to change more than what was needed and it bit us in the butt.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
:emlaugh: OMG, the mini-dome is where they usually dress and walk from which just happens to be three football fields away and the last time it was 70 degrees in Sept. in the Southern part of the united states let alone Louisiana you'd had to check your personal quinness book or records.

Unfreakin believable :lmao:

There are visiting team locker rooms under the stadium. Why they didn't use them, I don't know. But they are not that big, and there are about 3 different areas, so the whole team cannot fit in the same room.

1979 said:
Prairie View senior Michael Hill got the start at quarterback and led the Panthers into Southern territory three times in the first half. For the game, Hill completed 11 of 19 passes for 75 yards, and proved to be the most effective quarterback for Prairie View.

Halftime adjustments for the Panthers included inserting sophomore quarterback Chris Gibson, and moving Hill to wide receiver.
The move did little to ignite the Prairie View attack, which played just one second half series in Jaguars territory after Colby Miller got off a 3-yard punt. Frazier said the quarterback switch was a planned move.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/091805/sou_pvu001.shtml

If you want to blame anything, blame it on this. Only down 0-3 at halftime and you make a QB move. Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!!

Back