Power Book IV: Force

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
Well to me it is just ok. Like with Power 2: Ghost, there are some questionable things. Like how can someone like Tommy just pop up out of the blue and bump into the top Boss in a city like Chicago at the right club and right time, then just like that start running things or was it something else I missed?

Why do all of the sex scenes in Courtney Kemp's series seem rushed? There is no chemistry, no teasing, no magic, no nothing, they just go at it, it's not like that with everyone in real life...well maybe some of y'all just got it going on like that with some sistas....LOL

The brother coming out of prison to start over but being pulled back in the game is nothing new but always a good story. What about his younger brother? Every hood has their own slang no doubt, but at times, it seems like he was over doing it with the way he talks.... #shrug

All that aside, it is still watchable and entertaining. A lot of decent and unsung actors are getting more work. For example I recognized the Chicago Boss man from Gladiator and Smoking Aces...

If I had to choose between all of the spinoffs so far, I'd say Raising Kannan is the strongest. ...but again, this is not too bad #anothermanopinion

Last edited:
I think they were trying to establish that this ain't New York and there are some different rules to the game in Chicago. Tommy being Tommy fell into that stuff.

What about his mama also having a black son? LOL

If I had to choose between all of the spinoffs so far, I'd say Raising Kannan is this strongest. ...but again, this is not too bad #anothermanopinion
Agreed.

I think Tommy is going to pop off. The title of the first episode "short fuse and a long memory" fits him perfectly. The majority of the time people are either in the right or wrong place at the right or wrong time.
Kate was hell!🤣🤣🤣

The question with the power universe is what's going to happen when Courtney Kemp focuses on Netflix?

I am loving how some of the memorable characters from the original Power series are showing up. First we got the young lady that got scarred with the knife in her face by the pink sneakers chic. I like how she is holding her own with Tommy. Then you had Milan's lover to show up. I wouldn't have killed her off though. She too had a cool mystique about her. Who's next?

I still choose Power Book III: Raising Kanan as the most entertaining spin off, but Power Book IV: Force is not bad at all now.

Last edited:
You all remember him from his unforgettable character from, "The Chi" ? We all learned the character was killed off because he refused writers request for the role he played to have intimate scenes with transgenders. He is a good actor. I'm very interested in seeing the energy he will bring to Power Book IV: Force.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIq9j0dpXmA

Yeah. I wish it had been Jenard.

Tommy is going to be on the rampage next season. The Flyns aint ready.

Last edited:
Well. I caught Episode 1 of the Second season. I think as time progressed, all of the writing with each Power Series has gotten better. With that being said, I enjoyed this Episode. No surprises or anything yet but just a good watch.

I was multitasking and got caught off guard by the last few seconds of Episode 4 I believe. Man, I must say, like all the series in the Power, this one has really gotten better to an extent. Lots of unpredictable things happening creating some intense drama. I'm good with it all.

I am still tripping over the fact the FBI in New York wants nothing to do with Tommy. Chicago should have listened. I already feel sorry for those two young agents following Tommy.

Side thought: What if the chick Tommy likes is more than just a nurse? It seems like she may have known they were being followed when she beat the train (but she can't drive). She's not a red head, but he may be treating her like one. I hope I'm wrong because I like her character, plus she's easy on the eyes.

I am still tripping over the fact the FBI in New York wants nothing to do with Tommy. Chicago should have listened. I already feel sorry for those two young agents following Tommy.

Side thought: What if the chick Tommy likes is more than just a nurse? It seems like she may have known they were being followed when she beat the train (but she can't drive). She's not a red head, but he may be treating her like one. I hope I'm wrong because I like her character, plus she's easy on the eyes.
That did enter my mind...

And yeah, she is one of the cooler women that Tommy has gotten with. Yet with this being the Power Universe, my instincts tell me to brace myself just in case she too ends up another casualty as it usually the cool one's like her that something tragic usually happens to...

Woah...Woah...Woah...!!!

Episode 8, man they have really stepped it up!

That was nothing but heated drama in every sense for each scene... then the way it all ended with Diamond doing what he did to his Parole officer and that song that played in the background....

I hate what them kids did to that young kid. I hope Diamond F___ Them up too.

I need to go somewhere and meditate to get rid of this energy that I have from watching this one...Sheesh...LOL

Last edited:
I don't think Diamond could have done anything different about the boy. I just hope they don't try to do a redemption story. That was senseless, but it just shows a snapshot of how soft our society has become.

On another note, Tommy is wild! That exchange with his girl about him thinking about killing her brother was hilarious!

Vic is not built for this.

Jenard's girl thinks she's smarter than she is. I believe Tommy is going to kill her, Jenard is going to try to kill Tommy, and it's going to cause friction between Diamond and Tommy.

So they taking a week off so Tommy can go to the Classic! It would have been fire if they'd slipped that into the show!

I don't think Diamond could have done anything different about the boy. I just hope they don't try to do a redemption story. That was senseless, but it just shows a snapshot of how soft our society has become.

On another note, Tommy is wild! That exchange with his girl about him thinking about killing her brother was hilarious!

Vic is not built for this.

Jenard's girl thinks she's smarter than she is. I believe Tommy is going to kill her, Jenard is going to try to kill Tommy, and it's going to cause friction between Diamond and Tommy.

So they taking a week off so Tommy can go to the Classic! It would have been fire if they'd slipped that into the show!
Mane, I continue to give kudos to the writers in all of the Power Series as of late. They all have been entertaining.

King Kilo getting out and the way Darnell is wilding out I don't see him making it past a couple of episodes next season. Tommy's brother is naïve as hell. In a way, Tommy is turning into Ghost: he's trying to keep everyone safe. But like Ghost, I fear that's not going to work.

This is how it's supposed to be: Can't wait for the next episode nor the next season!!!:D:D:D

Just finished the binge...Tommy is crazy as hell. He keeps me laughing.

Sometimes there are too many moving themes that is what keeps me watching I guess.

Back