Portable DVD Players

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
Does anyone have one? Do you know where I can get a good deal on one w/a 10" screen? I'm getting one for my son, as his Christmas gift.

Thank ya kindly,
W~

If you check out Wal-Mart or Target, you may be surprised at what they sell them for in the electronics section...especially if they have them on sale. I don't know how heavy you are on name brands, but I am pretty certain you can find something there.

Of course there is always Circuit City and Best Buy.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Thanks SOG,

Someone told me that Wal-mart & Target didn't sell the 10" screens, I'll go check for myself though.

I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and saw one (with a 10" screen), so they do sell them.

OK, the soon to be 12 year old techno nerd of mine wants one. The cheapest I've seen is about $199. Do they come any cheaper, if so, where?

It all depends on the size of the screen you want to have. It seems that the ones with a 7"-8" are going from $150 and up. Check Walmart & Target for some good prices. I haven't seen a 10' one under $350.

I've seen them at Best Buy. I almost purchased one back in September but the sales guy said something that made me walk away. He told me, no matter where you buy it, be sure to buy the extended warranty because all of them will break.

cat daddy said:
I've seen them at Best Buy. I almost purchased one back in September but the sales guy said something that made me walk away. He told me, no matter where you buy it, be sure to buy the extended warranty because all of them will break.
I wonder why he said that...why will they break? Did he not elaborate? Maybe I need to re-think Devin's gift then..that's too much $$$ to spend on something that we KNOW is going to break. :smh:

I started to purchase one for my son but now that we have a laptop with DVD capabilities, he no longer needs one.

I checked Wal-Mart and SAMs Club today (11/30/04) and they both have a 7-inch Polariod. At Wal-Mart its $139 and at SAMs its $169, but it comes with head phones and a case. The 8-inch has 2 headphone jacks and a case for $238 at SAMS.

It can read CD/CD-RW/DVD +-R and MP3 files. I can also view .jpg files. My daughter does alot of traveling with her basketball team in the Spring, so I may get her the 7-inch from SAMS. Its like a DVD and Walkman all in one. Plus she can use it when we travel on the road.

SU's Finest '93 said:
I wonder why he said that...why will they break? Did he not elaborate? Maybe I need to re-think Devin's gift then..that's too much $$$ to spend on something that we KNOW is going to break. :smh:

It's probably due to people dropping them and breaking them that way.

Fiyah said:
It's probably due to people dropping them and breaking them that way.

Especially with kids.

They have such small parts that they can also be a headache to repair.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. :tup: I just changed my mind about my child's gift for Christmas.

LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
On my home drive home last week we had one (10 inch) in the truck, and on the way down to New Orleans it didn't give us any trouble, but on the way back to DC, I guess we played it too much, because by the time we hit Henderson, NC (about 13 hours into the drive) we could only get the audio. The picture was very faint to say the least. So that maybe what the salesperson was talking about.

In any case, I usually always get the service warranty from the store when purchasing electronics over $200 bucks. Electronics usually are pretty reliable for a few years, but you can never be too sure.

NICE

Back