Pig Ears at The Big Apple Inn in Jackson, MS

.......you ate what your family could afford and whatever the GOOD LORD BLESSED you with or you did'nt eat?
Man ain't that the truth. And my mother never forced us to eat anything. When she cooked something we didn't like, she would say well, this is what I have and this is what I cooked. And then it was up to you. You ate it, or you went hungry.

My mother love Pig Feet and Chitlings. But, the stinch and smell from both are horrible. The scent will make my stomach.
Now I can handle pig feet. Have you ever eaten pig feet that was smoked on the pit? I really like them cooked that way. The ones I didn't like were those pickled pig feet that came in those big jars and you could buy one at a time. (I don't know if you are old enough to remember that). I am not sure if they still sell them that way. Maybe in country stores?

I have never liked chitterlings. I couldn't take the smell. Some people say if you put an onion in them when they are coking, it takes away the smell. I say that is bullshit.

Now I can handle pig feet. Have you ever eaten pig feet that was smoked on the pit? I really like them cooked that way. The ones I didn't like were those pickled pig feet that came in those big jars and you could buy one at a time. (I don't know if you are old enough to remember that). I am not sure if they still sell them that way. Maybe in country stores?

I have never liked chitterlings. I couldn't take the smell. Some people say if you put an onion in them when they are coking, it takes away the smell. I say that is bullshit.

Yes, I know about Pickle Pig Feet. When you grew up in an urban area. You only had access to certain foods. It's amazing that food items prevalent in our community wasn't available in other communities.

Stamps Burger might be the ultimate drug in Jackson. Damn, those fries and Peach Faygo almost took me out.

.....dayum I have heard they will make your tongue slap a hole into the top of your head...umph...umph... and as many times as I have been to Jackson......I am sad to say that I have never had the privilege to enjoy one of these delicacies......BUT NEXT TIME

.....dayum I have heard they will make your tongue slap a hole into the top of your head...umph...umph... and as many times as I have been to Jackson......I am sad to say that I have never had the privilege to enjoy one of these delicacies......BUT NEXT TIME

Go! Also, try Monroe's Donuts on Medgar Evers Boulevard.

Back