Pictures...2007 Alcorn Football Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

1SGT_Robinson

http://kevinr316.smugmug.com/gallery/3251015/3/179958068
Thursday, August 2, 2007....
Took the day from the Saints to support my girl...LaToya Shields the Alcorn Sports Information Director.......

Media Present.......
Jackson Advocate and Mississippi Link...Me...
WLBT (NBC).....................................Rob J

Clarion Ledger, Vicksburg Post, Natchez Democrat, WAPT and WJTV...NO SHOWS
F'n lack of respect as I has said several times...............................

179952377-L.jpg

179958068-L.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
No, Kev don't go to JSU Media Day. :lol: Shag I saw what you put on the Smack Board about FAMU. :lol:

The more I look at these pictures the more I have to asked. Did they know it was media day?? The players have on all different kinds of apparal, flip flop and house shoes and several pictures show the players don't have on shoes.

Ripsaw didn't even shave for the occasion.

I was informed that JSU Media day was moved now to NEXT Saturday, August 11th....

The same day as that Battle Of The Bands. I heard that while in Ferriday, LA. They had JSU band blowing Get Ready and they was saying some stuff about high school camp against Bama State and they even had a broadcast while we were in Pine Bluff about the Delta Classic.

We may smack amogst ourselves but we don't let the Mewack smack over here.:emlaugh:

LOL RIGHT. Like I had to get on somebody about the ME YACK BANDS. They said Norfolk band would whoop the Sonic Boom and the Hot Ice would fugg over the J-Settes. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INDEED.

Good Pics, but:

1. Why are they wearing the road jerseys instead of the home jerseys?

2. Why did they take the team picture in front of the restroom sign instead of the Jack Spinks sign on the press box?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Good Pics, but:

1. Why are they wearing the road jerseys instead of the home jerseys?

2. Why did they take the team picture in front of the restroom sign instead of the Jack Spinks sign on the press box?

smh

Good pics Kev. I wish more media had shown up for the day. Hey Que, they probably took the picture over there so that the sun would be at the photographers back (the correct way to take a picture). Maybe the coach wanted the white jersey... maybe the white jersey goes with whatever they already have in mind for design. you never know.... long story short... come on man. geesh. lol. my people are somethin

Clarion Ledger, Vicksburg Post, Natchez Democrat, WAPT and WJTV...NO SHOWS
F'n lack of respect as I has said several times...............................

I doubt that it was a lack of respect. It was more like the SID didn't alert the media that it was Media Day for Alcorn. We have a guy that works for either WJTV or WLBT (I can't remember) but he said that they weren't informed of Media Day until the day of the event.
We haven't had any kind of luck with our SID. We don't get much information out of them now. We don't even know if we signed anybody for basketball. Don't blame the media for not covering that.
It's been well known by the Alcorn supporters that we haven't been getting much information from our SID.

I doubt that it was a lack of respect. It was more like the SID didn't alert the media that it was Media Day for Alcorn. We have a guy that works for either WJTV or WLBT (I can't remember) but he said that they weren't informed of Media Day until the day of the event.
We haven't had any kind of luck with our SID. We don't get much information out of them now. We don't even know if we signed anybody for basketball. Don't blame the media for not covering that.
It's been well known by the Alcorn supporters that we haven't been getting much information from our SID.

Thank You.... We've tried to tell him that 10million times before.
He makes it seems as if EVERYONE is against Alcorn and Valley when it comes to MEDIA... :rolleyes:
What you said makes perfect sense to me (The media being informed the "day of".... It HAPPENS!)

smh

Good pics Kev. I wish more media had shown up for the day. Hey Que, they probably took the picture over there so that the sun would be at the photographers back (the correct way to take a picture). Maybe the coach wanted the white jersey... maybe the white jersey goes with whatever they already have in mind for design. you never know.... long story short... come on man. geesh. lol. my people are somethin

Aaron....

That was F'n pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to make what events I can for LaToya to help her out.....

It was just Rob J and me.......!!!!!!!!!

If I could take a break away from the New Orleans Saints....
Clarion Ledger could have gotten off their high horse to come down..........

By then again....
I served Clarion ledger on their WEBSITE.............

Look kid....I am going to need you to back off LaToys and get YOUR facts straight......

When she sends out emails for Alcorn events....I see alll of the other Media outlets that get the same email as well........

So Don't come on here saying what she DID NOT do when she contacted people...

what YOU and Alcorn need to do is get on the horn and call Clarion Ledger, Natchez Democrat, Vicksburg Post, WAPT and WTJV...

As many bullets that I take for Alcorn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latoya told me of all the people like Rick Whitlow had that the never to tell her to change media day to meet his needs!!!!!!!!!

Ps...I got the email about Steve McNair WELL in ADVANCE

Dude, have an Alcornite that actually WORKS for the sports department. Nobody knew about media day until the day of the event. And they you have the nerve to actually say that they should have called Alcorn back and rescheduled the event!! Da heyell is wrong with you?!?!
It's too late to call down to Alcorn and try to get them to reschedule it. Just like it's too late to try and send out an e-mail.!!

Why da heyell is she sending out an email in the first place. I was a communications major and what she should have done is send out something that's called a PRESS RELEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back