pass the hot sauce

Deuce

-8d508d336d37765f.JPG

12359423-standard.jpg

12359422-standard.jpg

-98c43e9def5d20e5.JPG

DORA, Alabama- James R. Bramlett, 65, landed a 70 pound striped bass from the Black Warrior River near the Gorgas Steam Plant Thursday February 28, 2013. The fish is 45.5 inches long and has a 37.75 inch girth. It tops the previous state record by 15 pounds that has stood since 1959. The catch may become the new IGFA world record for a landlocked stripe bass.

http://photos.al.com/birmingham-news/2013/03/state_record_striped_bass_6.html

Last edited:
Man those Stripes are running too!!! I would have loved to caught that big boy. The biggest Stripe I have caught was about 14 pounds. I am jealous. I am definitely taking off work Friday now to go get me one. :lol:

The biggest freshwater fish I've ever caught was a 10 lb catfish. I've caught about a 7 lb largemouth bass too. Caught both of them in private ponds. I've caught some big red snapper while deep sea fishing . . . deep sea fishing is cool, but I prefer lakes and rivers.

I was out fishing back in February and something hit my 30lb test line, snatched and broke it and kept going. :lol: What ever he was felt like a monster. :lol: I love when those monster fish come in and hit the line. The thing is it is hard to be prepared for them because they hit when you least expect them. Guess that is why they get that big. :lol: I caught 40 cats back in January on Joe Wheeler one Saturday in about 3 hours.
The biggest freshwater fish I've ever caught was a 10 lb catfish. I've caught about a 7 lb largemouth bass too. Caught both of them in private ponds. I've caught some big red snapper while deep sea fishing . . . deep sea fishing is cool, but I prefer lakes and rivers.

CEE DOG said:
I caught 40 cats back in January on Joe Wheeler one Saturday in about 3 hours.

I've got folks in Huntsville - one of these days I'm gonna take my fishing tackle up there and check out some of that North Alabama fishing . . . :tup:

Well I tried to beat the record today. I couldn't. I did catch 14 channel cats, 12 stripe bass and 8 bream. My biggest stripe was 5lbs and the biggest cat was 6 lbs. Anyway good eating with fresh fish.

Blacknbengal said:
Man, those big fish arent that good. Their meat isnt like the younger, smaller ones.

Everybody knows that, Beans. :emlaugh:

I caught about five PERFECT sized cats last saturday. They were all 1 1/2 to 2 3/4 pounds . . .

J C said:
Did you skin them?

I caught them at one of those pay-by-the-pound operations, and they skinned them for me. They charge an extra .30 cents per pound to clean them for you, but its worth it to me. Although, I'm very skilled at skinning catfish, and I even enjoy it. I just didn't feel like messin' wth 'em saturday. Even after they skin and gut them, I still put the finishing touches on them when I get home. Just don't have to mess with all that skin and guts . . .

I caught them at one of those pay-by-the-pound operations, and they skinned them for me. They charge an extra .30 cents per pound to clean them for you, but its worth it to me. Although, I'm very skilled at skinning catfish, and I even enjoy it. I just didn't feel like messin' wth 'em saturday. Even after they skin and gut them, I still put the finishing touches on them when I get home. Just don't have to mess with all that skin and guts . . .

You're making me hungry. Good eating.

J C said:
You're making me hungry. Good eating.

:lol:

Ain't nothin' like the taste of fresh-caught fish. :tup:

I fried a few of 'em up when I got home saturday . . . straight out of the pond, never refrigerated or frozen.

Can't beat it.

:lol:

Ain't nothin' like the taste of fresh-caught fish. :tup:

I fried a few of 'em up when I got home saturday . . . straight out of the pond, never refrigerated or frozen.

Can't beat it.

Deuce, is this why I couldn't get in contact with you this weekend. :cry:

Back