OVC commish asks league schools to boycott Alabama A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluedog

Man will you please stop hurting these dudes? Sometimes a little things like FACTS can get in the way of fantasy.

And A&M, I dont think JxSU is so upset that you are discontinuing the series....Its the way you handled it. Why not just call the folks, tell them that you are not coming, tell them why, and send them their check. No use is hiding under the table when you see their ADs number on the caller ID. Be a man about it.

We understand that this is a business deal. Plus JxSU mops up the field with yall (be honest), so thats another loss you wont have to worry about.

DO ANY BLACK PEOPLE IN ALABAMA KNOW HOW TO HANDLE BUSINESS?

Originally posted by Get Ready
Bluedog

DO ANY BLACK PEOPLE IN ALABAMA KNOW HOW TO HANDLE BUSINESS?
Maybe we could learn from your AD:lmao: cheif running clock:lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bluedog

Man will you please stop hurting these dudes? Sometimes a little things like FACTS can get in the way of fantasy.

For once, I agree, Grits! YOU are constantly blinded by it, so you certainly know first hand.

That is all.

Originally posted by PNeck019
I think the strength of the OVC relative to other I-AA conferences was demonstrated this year, when a first-year member (who couldn't finish in the top half of its old conference in 6 seasons) won the league......

Tell that to the NCAA, kid.

While I agree with Jafus (imagine that....lol) that smack should be reserved for the smack board, I also don't think this forum should be an arse-kissing contest between SWAC schools.

If a school needs to be called out, they should be-and they should be allowed to defend themselves......

Bluedog,

In all those quotes, it's funny how everyone was responding to smack that you were posting on the sports board. I think Ken even chimed in once and told you that he would ban your arse if you continued. Yes, he was really talking about you. Now, we have you doing the same crap again. Take this to the Smack board. Most of the people on here are actually trying to use this board for real conversations that contain true communication without smack.

I'm finished with this thread!

And A&M, I dont think JxSU is so upset that you are discontinuing the series....Its the way you handled it. Why not just call the folks, tell them that you are not coming, tell them why, and send them their check. No use is hiding under the table when you see their ADs number on the caller ID. Be a man about it.
Get Ready you need to stop. That First sentence quoted above you need to slap yourself for even trying to make it sound logical. They are mad as hell, and are using the fact that they weren't notified of it by us as an excape goat. Really, who gets so mad to the point that they ask the commisioner of their conference to boycott that particular school because we didn't give them a call. If that's the case they are acting like some whinning wenches. It's not like they aren't getting paid by us to break this contract. I can see if we tried some behind the back move like that, but it's a phone call. A phone call we didn't make has then so riled up, right?? Gotcha :eek:

Originally posted by Mr. SWAC
A phone call we didn't make has then so riled up, right?? Gotcha :eek:

How do we know that this guy is not telling a lie. Even presidents, of the U.S., have done that before. I just can't understand how so many of us will take this guy's word as law, but will not take our reason for the action. We are not dealing with little kids here, when the warning was first given that should have lit a fire under Jax. St.'s arse but it didn't. As I said before, I have no problem with our AD sticking to his guns.

As far as this phone tag mess, I don't feel that A&M or any school should have to beg for anything. And that's what this all boils down to because they feel that we should not be as bold to take a step like this. The OVC Commish made it very clear that they feel we are beneath them and how dare we pay them off and say "be gone"! Why have that clause in the contract if you couldn't use it or did they feel that we didn't have the guts to use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back