NIL Deals for College Players

Reggie Bush asked for his Heisman back and all his ncaa records re-instated since the NIL rule was enabled.

Keyshawn Johnson said he wants usc to give him $$$ reparations for all the dollars he helped the school make. lol

I'd like to know what the tax implications are for these kids signing NIL deals........Are they setup as an LLC or SP or what??

I'd hate for them to be smiling now, and be crying 4/15/22 when the comes to unload their pockets......

That's traditional thinking. Video games. These kids can go get deals to sponsor some of anything. If you're a Black apparel company why wouldn't you pay one of these players to wear your gear? The JSU kids deal was with a barber shop, I think?

Today, if you can go viral you can get paid from it. And there's always someone out there willing to pay.

Outside of the box thinking.

Imagine if you are a (say for example) JSU football player and you aren't a star but get off to a great start of the season. A start up clothing company or crypto pays you to wear their clothing on social media and in interviews after the game. A herbal tonic comes and wants you to display their product during an interview. There are so many ways to do this. I just want them to make sure they have their paper work straight. I'm sure that our people on our campuses will look out for these guys moreso than at PWIs

Back