New Grambling volleyball coach cuts the entire team (and then got cut by Grambling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
All jokes aside this is a tough one to swallow. Winning is the name of the game for these coaches. Hell the things I know is that the previous coach was making just at $40k and her household was actually feeding the players. A non-generating financial sport trying to win is like punching bricks trying not to hurt you hands.

All jokes aside this is a tough one to swallow. Winning is the name of the game for these coaches. Hell the things I know is that the previous coach was making just at $40k and her household was actually feeding the players. A non-generating financial sport trying to win is like punching bricks trying not to hurt you hands.
And that is why this is crazy. She wasn't getting the resources from the start to win.

FIvz2VnVIAMlruI.png

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

I see this first hand in soccer. I bought all of their Gatorade for last season out of pocket (9 gallon canisters) and doing it again this season so I feel their pain. And Valley wasn't even the worst off that I've seen but I won't put it out there. Yeah we (Valley) gotta do better overall but many of our schools go all out supporting football at the expense of our other sports and it shows. Valley was just lucky for many years to get good coaches who could work with the crumbs they are given but hit the wall after 2017

I see this first hand in soccer. I bought all of their Gatorade for last season out of pocket (9 gallon canisters) and doing it again this season so I feel their pain. And Valley wasn't even the worst off that I've seen but I won't put it out there. Yeah we (Valley) gotta do better overall but many of our schools go all out supporting football at the expense of our other sports and it shows. Valley was just lucky for many years to get good coaches who could work with the crumbs they are given but hit the wall after 2017

I find it ridiculous that people find humor in this because they suffer the same problems....it's just that their school is not a brand so it doesn't make the news or trend.

Now their holding tryouts - lol - that's the one sport where you don't have many folks walking around campus

I just saw that post and thought the exact same thing

It's almost as if there were about 12 young ladies that were competent enough to play at the D1 level already on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back