New Grambling volleyball coach cuts the entire team (and then got cut by Grambling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see this first hand in soccer. I bought all of their Gatorade for last season out of pocket (9 gallon canisters) and doing it again this season so I feel their pain. And Valley wasn't even the worst off that I've seen but I won't put it out there. Yeah we (Valley) gotta do better overall but many of our schools go all out supporting football at the expense of our other sports and it shows. Valley was just lucky for many years to get good coaches who could work with the crumbs they are given but hit the wall after 2017
I see this first hand in soccer. I bought all of their Gatorade for last season out of pocket (9 gallon canisters) and doing it again this season so I feel their pain. And Valley wasn't even the worst off that I've seen but I won't put it out there. Yeah we (Valley) gotta do better overall but many of our schools go all out supporting football at the expense of our other sports and it shows. Valley was just lucky for many years to get good coaches who could work with the crumbs they are given but hit the wall after 2017
I dont think Im understanding where you going with this…. FOOTBALL and basketball fund ALL non revenue sports.

I dont think Im understanding where you going with this…. FOOTBALL and basketball fund ALL non revenue sports.

Alums/individuals should not be coming out of pocket for bare minimum basic stuff like Gatorade, balls, feeding players, etc. at a D1 school. That's the point of the post I was responding to. Stuff like this shouldn't be happening at a D1 school.

And I'm pretty sure this just ain't at Valley and Grambling (hell I know 1-2 others for sure)

Alums/individuals should not be coming out of pocket for bare minimum basic stuff like Gatorade, balls, feeding players, etc. at a D1 school. That's the point of the post I was responding to. Stuff like this shouldn't be happening at a D1 school.

And I'm pretty sure this just ain't at Valley and Grambling (hell I know 1-2 others for sure)

It’s every non revenue sport. Hell let’s not even bring up bowling. The bowling coaches husband retired and decided to go back to work to help fund their trips.

It’s like that at other SWAC schools but they don’t want show their dirty laundry in order to save face.

I Understand the business aspect of cutting these ladies, but Coach Lucas better recruit her tale off and win some Championships. If not I can see her getting the Fobbs treatment. Also, AD Scott’s coaching hires better hit as he lost our only winning coach (soccer coach), but he just gave a losing coach (softball) an extension. He also will be judging Coach Pierre (baseball) who is still in interim status. If he misses on these coaches he will be shown the door first.

It’s every non revenue sport. Hell let’s not even bring up bowling. The bowling coaches husband retired and decided to go back to work to help fund their trips.

It’s like that at other SWAC schools
but they don’t want show their dirty laundry in order to save face.

I know you ain't lying because, as I said, I have seen it first hand at Valley and other schools including this year. Like you said, I don't wanna put that dirty laundry out there even though it's real tempting due to out of pocket alums smh

Is Netflix still offering that pitch an idea for pay thing ? I got a school in Ruston that’ll keep those ratings up… call it “What Grambling done did now” … y’all call em Tigers , I call em can’t get rights.

And why she's holding tryouts and looking for players on campus now? What if she don't find anyone? Will she just open it up to anybody that has eligibility left, even if they're not in school?

MV5BZGEwOWQzNmItM2FlNC00YTk3LTljNjYtNGQ1OTE2M2M4YzI0L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And why she's holding tryouts and looking for players on campus now? What if she don't find anyone? Will she just open it up to anybody that has eligibility left, even if they're not in school?

MV5BZGEwOWQzNmItM2FlNC00YTk3LTljNjYtNGQ1OTE2M2M4YzI0L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
It’s just a formality … an easier way to say the old players are cut.

I guess he don't care about the schools APR in this sport and if it will possibly be considered a Title IX violation
When will the RPI score be calculated again? This will kill a schools score.

APR. As long as they're eligible after the spring semester no issue

They still have to be counted towards their schools APR. They better hope these young ladies finish in their allotted time frame and get their degree. It may take a few years for them to catch up.

I had time yesterday and noted three things on all those tweets:
  1. A scorned woman will torch the earth
  2. That coach is ridiculous. I think she forgot what it is to be a student athlete.
  3. Thank god I never had a coach through college or a boss in the workforce that intentionally tried to break me.

I had time yesterday and noted three things on all those tweets:
  1. A scorned woman will torch the earth
  2. That coach is ridiculous. I think she forgot what it is to be a student athlete.
  3. Thank god I never had a coach through college or a boss in the workforce that intentionally tried to break me.

It's clear that whoever is running that account feels scorned but nothing they've psoted has been refuted yet (including the possible NCAA violations). If the worst thing you can say is "well football players get cut all the time as well" it's not a strong base to stand on

That coach seems to be full of herself and got reckless

Just not seeing the problem here. scholarships are year to year. Those young woman have to understand that.

1. A Grambling alum shouldn't do this bringing more negative attention to Grambling after Art Briles
2. It is kind of illegal to do some of the stuff she has been accused of doing (mainly (allegedly) already having her team from UAPB already in the portal and promised spots on the team before she was announced as coach and before she decided to cut these young ladies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back