NBA Slam Dunk Contest

BNGguy

The Inspector
Josh Smith got a well-deserved reward in winning the slam dunk contest. He was flawless to say the least. Even though he got the crowd going with his carbon copy Dominique Wilkins windmill slam, the best one of the night had to be when he had Kenyon Martin sitting in the middle of the paint and throwing up the ball in perfect time as he leaped over his head, caught the ball in mid-air and jammed that ball so viciously. What was even more impressive was that Martin didn't even blink an eye. That isht was tight. Gotta admit, Amare Stoudamire was on his heels, especially with the dunk he did with Steve Nash. That was pretty creative to have the ball go off the backboard perfectly and ricochet off of Nash's head, ball goes back in the air for Stoudamire to catch and jam that isht. Them guys put some serious creativiity into it this year and I was impressed. Anybody concur or saw something better???

The best dunk of the night was JR Smith from New Orleans taking the ball behind his back in the air and dunking. The degree of diffculty alone in that dunk was just amazing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The best dunk of the night was the one off of glass, off Nash's head and Amare Stoudamire dunks it.

PsychoJag said:
The best dunk of the night was the one off of glass, off Nash's head and Amare Stoudamire dunks it.

You are crazy... it was a REGULAR dunk.....
Josh Smith had the best dunks all night.

I gotta go with Josh Smith he hadthe finesse, the power, and most important the hangtime!

i knew it was over once he did the dunk over KMart(Nuggets)...then turned around and paid respect to Dominique by putting on the Hawks throwback and performing a dunk that is impossible unless you have "hangtime"

Kenny Smith was right ...Kobe,Lebron, and Vince there is dude name Josh Smith daring you to enter the Slam Dunk Contest

Venom Skywalker said:
The best dunk of the night was JR Smith from New Orleans taking the ball behind his back in the air and dunking. The degree of diffculty alone in that dunk was just amazing.
Definitely deserved a 10 on degree of difficulty....

TRU3000 said:
Kenny Smith was right ...Kobe,Lebron, and Vince there is dude name Josh Smith daring you to enter the Slam Dunk Contest

I agree that Josh Smith should have won but let's not put his performance up there with the greats of the dunk contest. Other than him jumping over Kenyon Martin, none of his other dunks were awe inspiring.

1. The dunk from the free throw line WOULD have been impressive if I had never seen Vince Carter do it with 2 hands or James White from Cincy do it while taking the ball between his legs.

20041024_1vincecarter5_193059.gif

2. The dunk where he put on the Nique jersey was your average everyday windmill. Tell me how it compared to Niques, Kemps or even Harold Minors??

3. I admit that like 360 dunk was pretty but again, nothing new or mind blowing. Kenny Skywalker won a slam dunk competition doing that same dunk over and over..lol

He put on a good show but he wouldnt have won any of the previous 3 years with those dunks.

<a href="http://www.nba.com/allstar2005/alltime_dunks_01-04.html">Click here for the best dunks of the last 3 years</a>

Venom Skywalker2. said:
The dunk where he put on the Nique jersey was your average everyday windmill. Tell me how it compared to Niques, Kemps or even Harold Minors??
Dude, did you see where he leaped from (outside of the paint)? Did you see how he glided across the lane (like he was just hoovering)? There is not too many people that can just hoover (or fly) like that. It has been proven.

DAHILL said:
You are crazy... it was a REGULAR dunk.....
Josh Smith had the best dunks all night.

Dude you're crazy. I've seen everything that Josh Smith did before done BETTER. I've never seen anybody do that dunk that Stoudamire and Nash did. And after the catch he did a 360.

PsychoJag said:
Dude you're crazy. I've seen everything that Josh Smith did before done BETTER. I've never seen anybody do that dunk that Stoudamire and Nash did. And after the catch he did a 360.

you are the only one on here that that dunk impressed. You must not have grown up in the hood? That dunk didnt show no versatility or hangtime time... it just showwed that the ball was bounced right.

DAHILL said:
you are the only one on here that that dunk impressed. You must not have grown up in the hood? That dunk didnt show no versatility or hangtime time... it just showwed that the ball was bounced right.

Dude not only did I grow up in the hood but I played organized and streetball my whole life. Not to mention I'm an assistant basketball coach at the high school I work at. The dunk itself was not that difficult a basic 360 but the excecution and the way the ball was delivered. It was never done before. :rolleyes: Josh Smith did well and he deserved to win but I've seen EVERYTHING he did done better.

Venom Skywalker said:

That was most def a "10" dunk. The best dunk of the whole night.

Panthro said:
That was most def a "10" dunk. The best dunk of the whole night.

Yeah, that JR Smith dunk was ridiculous, although it lost a little something after it took about 5 tries to get it right, but just an amazing dunk. Josh Smith deserved the win, he has some nice dunks, but they were just that, nice. Other than the dunk with Kenyon Martin, his dunks weren't much beyond what you would see in games.

Yeah I know that this is a few weeks late but "THE WINNER OF THE THREE POINT COMPETITION WENT TO MY HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!"

"WHITNEY YOUNG BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:jump:

OK, I got that out of my system.

Back