MVSU to play North Dakota State

orange tiger

NDSU adds game

By Jeff Kolpack, The Forum

Published Wednesday, February 22, 2006

North Dakota State added Mississippi Valley State to the 2006 football schedule on Tuesday, leaving the Bison with just one more open date.

NDSU will host the Delta Devils on Oct. 14, which will be the school?s homecoming game. Starting times for all home and away games have yet to be released.

With 10 games, NDSU has one to go. Athletic director Gene Taylor said an Oct. 21 game at the University of Minnesota is still a possibility.

?Our priority is to get another I-AA home opponent,? Taylor said. ?If we get to the point where there are no I-AA games or have to go on the road and fly, then we?ll reconsider that.?

Mississippi Valley finished 6-5 last year ? 5-4 in the Southwestern Athletic Conference. The Devils averaged 32.7 points and 423.4 yards per game last year and return starting quarterback Aries Nelson and top receiver Tyrone Timmons.

Nelson completed 200 of 350 passes for 2,942 yards, 17 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Timmons caught 62 passes for 1,059 yards and eight touchdowns.

The contract is a home-and-home deal with no guarantee.

It means the Bison already have nine games scheduled for 2007. They have home games slated for Stephen F. Austin (Texas), Montana State, Georgia Southern, Southern Utah and California Davis. The dates for the Montana State and Georgia Southern games have yet to be finalized, but Taylor has a contract for both.

NDSU has road games at Mississippi Valley, the University of Minnesota, Cal Poly and South Dakota State.

Readers can reach Forum reporter Jeff Kolpack at (701) 241-5546

2006 schedule

Apr. 22 Spring Game

Aug. 31 Concordia-SP

Sept. 16 Northeastern

Sept. 23 at Ball State

Sept. 30 at S.F. Austin

Oct. 7 at Ga. Southern

Oct. 14 Miss. Valley State

Oct. 28 at Southern Utah

Nov. 4 at UC Davis

Nov. 11 Cal Poly

Nov. 18 South Dakota St.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=118467&section=Sports

Lets hope they have more luck than that other SWAC team with their cousins to the south. That was embarrassing.

Get Ready said:
Lets hope they have more luck than that other SWAC team with their cousins to the south. That was embarrassing.
And let's hope Valley doesn't need to ask for a running clock,
hope they cross the 50, and gain more than 1 yd rushing like
their country cousins from the south. That will always be embarrassing!!!!

Jaguar94 said:
And let's hope Valley doesn't need to ask for a running clock,
hope the cross the 50, and gain more than 1 yd rushing like
their country cousins from the south. That will always be embarrassing!!!!

recycled smack?
:rolleyes:

come on, this shat is 2 years old. Come better than that.

Congrats Valley and good luck in your game.

:alicia: This is a very interesting intersectional matchup. SU played, was it Southern Utah, a couple of years ago. I think it's great, but I wonder what the interest is in our schoools now! I think that will be such a culture shock for all when the Devils step off the bus to play. But do well MVSU and represent us. It shows how much love they have for you playing you for their homecoming!

SONNY said:
recycled smack?
:rolleyes:

come on, this shat is 2 years old. Come better than that.

Congrats Valley and good luck in your game.

Uhh, Dude. The "shat" above my post is just as old and recycled!!!!!
And what????

Tigerpride said:
This is the best Valley could do??

With the 9 game mandate, every school has to find nearly anyone to play on certain dates.
Seems like J-State is the only team that has non-conf. opportunities in the beginning of the season.
It's hard to find a team to play in Oct./Nov. when most teams are into their conf. games.

Get Ready said:

Dude why do you continue to smack other SWAC football programs? Dude J-State has only proven one damn thing on the field...a losing streak. Yes you beat Spears in his first year...but he came back with a vengence. The question or comment you should be making is whether or not more than 2500 people can show up at a game.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Dude why do you continue to smack other SWAC football programs? Dude J-State has only proven one damn thing on the field...a losing streak. Yes you beat Spears in his first year...but he came back with a vengence. The question or comment you should be making is whether or not more than 2500 people can show up at a game.

The sad part of about it is all of the non conference opponents and 7 out of 9 conference foes are better than them and have/would kick their azz. Prairie View scored 27 unanswered points on these buffoons.

JROCK said:
The sad part of about it is all of the non conference opponents and 7 out of 9 conference foes are better than them and have/would kick their azz. Prairie View scored 27 unanswered points on these buffoons.

But Get Ready forgets when he wore a brown bag over his head to a game. :lmao:

JROCK said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Rock STOPPPPPPP!!!!!!! Valley do your thing :tup: :tup: J-State NUFF SAID (SAD)

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
That aint the only question

The 9-game mandate makes it hard to schedule because you don't have many slots to work with so in light of that at least Valley is playing an up-and-coming Division I-AA school instead of Allen, Concordia, or Paul Quinn. So don't slam Valley. Slam that :retard: retarded 9-game mandate. And the only reason Jackson State isn't having scheduling problems is because we only have ONE slot for a non-conference opponent because we are locked into the Tennessee State game so we just grabbed Paul Quinn, but I don't want to see Paul Quinn back on the sked next season.

SONNY said:
Stop "DIVERTING" Lame.

Get some new material.

Dude.....my response was to the 2nd post on this topic.
Who's 'diverting'??? GR's point was about our game in '04.
Stop me if Im wrong but didn't you have those issues in 03 & 04?

Why don't you pm your leader and tell him to come up w/
some new material. Now that's lame.

Back