Multiple Nuclear I&C Engineer positions‏ (Wilmington, NC OR San Jose, CA)

buckwheat

Edge-Dynamic Power Source is currently recruiting for multiple long-term contract positions within the nuclear industry. The positions and their locations are listed below.

Position 1: Lead I&C Electronic Test Engineer

Job Description: The I&C Electronic Test Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs and processes for the Services I&C team. The Electronic Test Engineer will apply technical, communications and leadership skills to support critical electronics lifecycle needs such as electronic instrument qualification, acceptance testing, electronic instrument design, hardware and software development, failure analysis and product manufacturing needs.

Responsibilities include:
• Develop system verification and validation (V&V) test requirements to insure products meet system specification.
• Develop V&V testware, test plans & procedures to implement V&V requirements
• Develop environmental test plans & procedures to insure product meet HW and System environmental requirements.
• Perform and evaluate V&V and environmental tests
• Testing and analysis for design of printed circuit boards for the use in nuclear power Instrumentation and Control (I&C) related applications involving embedded processors (Intel, ARM, DSP), component selection & applications for these boards.
• Testing to support redesign of obsolete/legacy instrumentation for parts replacement including analog electronics and parts equivalency
• Testing to support component failure analysis including report generation
• Interface with PCB designers and validate their output

Requirements

· Degree in Electrical Engineering or related experience

· Minimum 3 years of experience developing and testing complex control systems

· Minimum 1 year of experience in all steps of the test life cycle

· Minimum of 1 year of experience with digital and analog electronic circuit testing of components including printed circuit board layout techniques for performance and manufacturability.

· Minimum of 1 year of experience with lab tools and test equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzers, labView and embedded processor emulation.

Location (s): Wilmington, NC OR San Jose, CA

Position 2: I&C Component Engineer & Obsolescence Engineer

Job Description: The I&C Component/Obsolescence Engineer will support the producibility of nuclear instrumentation and control (I&C) equipment. In this role you will perform life cycle management; component selection & qualification; obsolescence analysis; and manufacturing support on legacy and current I&C equipment.

Responsibilities include:
• Identify alternate electronic components to support continued production and repair of nuclear I&C equipment.
• Analyze products for obsolescence and provide mitigation solutions for obsolete components
• Perform parts equivalency evaluations for alternate components
• Create dedication specifications
• Support contract manufacturing by resolving supplier change requests and dispositioning non-conformance reports
• Support sales of spare parts by verifying correctness and availability of custom orders through the technical approval process

Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related Electrical Engineering Experience
• Minimum 5 years of sustaining engineering or component engineering experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience resolving obsolete components issues

If you are not interested, but know of someone else who may be, EDGE offers a CASH referral bonus for any candidate you refer that is successfully placed.

Recruiter

Edge Dynamic Power Source, LLC

A Woman Owned Small Business

Office: (321) 251-7140

Recruiter@edge-dynamic.com

LinkedIn FaceBook Twitter

Back