Mothers Killing Their Children.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Remember when I was going on and on about how the lady in Houston would walk despight killing 5 kids? Remember me making references to the case in South Carolina and how Susan Smith "walked" (got life instead of death)? Welp, check out this story.

http://www.dothaneagle.com/frontpage/MGB60X7L62D.html

Now, this child was not her child by birth. Perhaps that's the difference. I just strikes me as interesting, to say the least, as to how Susan Smith and the woman in Texas are spared despight cold, calculated killings of their own kids, more than one at that.

It sounds like in the story above the killing was a spur of the moment thing, yet she's gonna get the needle. Reguardless, it's all the same to the kids. They met horrible endings, two sets an ending which would seem like the ultimate in horror; to die at the hands of the person they call on when in danger. And in the end Susan and the Texas mom "walk", this step-mom gets the needle. Amazing isn't it?

B, in the case of Andrea Yates in Houston, it was a capital case. But during the sentence phase the prosecution did not push too hard for the death penalty. Hence, she got life. Despite her mental condition (She is very ill.), she is not going to a mental hospital. She went to a regular prison.

Anyway, as far as who gets death, it depends on where the trial is and who is the DA. Then again it should not be too surprising that the sister got death. Also, I have to wonder what her economic situation is. Remember. Poor and Black many times equals the death penalty.

As for Susan Smith I thought that she admitted her guilt after a week of saying that the kids were kidnapped. Anyway, I have no sympathy for her.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
yeah,,,

pretty much. it's still simply amazing that you can take the lives of 2-5 folk and walk, and take the life of 1 folk and get death.

you right about DA, jury, location and such. if O.J. would have been tried in Santa Monica instead of downtown L.A., WE would have been rioting again and the white folk would have been high-fiving.

Back