Mississippi State Behemoth Transfers to GSU

Just pray he's not one of Mississippi State's "10 Most Wanted by the Police" just looking for an escape out of Stark-vegas. :nod:

staggalee83 said:
Just pray he's not one of Mississippi State's "10 Most Wanted by the Police" just looking for an escape out of Stark-vegas. :nod:

Exactly. They had two huge OT's leave- one caught a drug case and the other left because he was too "soft" for Coach Croom's team. Both were highly touted as high school recruits, but both failed to produce at MSU.

LS Syndicate said:
Exactly. They had two huge OT's leave- one caught a drug case and the other left because he was too "soft" for Coach Croom's team. Both were highly touted as high school recruits, but both failed to produce at MSU.

names???

LS Syndicate said:

The latter one signed with Gram. I recall someone posted an article from the Clarion Ledger, where Donovan Davis mentioned his interest in Gram. With 3 years eligibility, he will be transformed into a G-MAN.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050501/SPORTS/505010338/1006

Transfers are typically not Grambling's thing, but the ones that have signed each have three years at Gram (WR from Georgia Tech, TE from Wisconsin, and OL from Miss State -- all at least 4 stars from rival.com coming out of high school). Like Willie Gray a few years ago from LSU, these guys are like new signees (not one and done).

JROCK said:
Poor thing.......:lol:

Happened to go home this past w/e, and as I wandered through cable channels, I stumbled upon Cox, and low and behold the SU Jag-A-Thon was airing.

BTW, very nice event Jags. Having the student athlete actively participate was a nice touch. The total accumulated was impressive too.

However, I almost choked on my gravy steak in laughter when Pete was interviewed on his expectations of the 2005 season. He had a confused, bewilidered and dumbfounded expression on his face.

Pete had the same idential facial expression during all those premature timeouts in the BC.

Question: If this dude was so heavily touted, why did he transfer when he had to compete against a redshirt freshman for the O-line job?

Second question: With all that girth, the best Gram could do was 6-5??? I totally don't understand. With all that humanity on the line..y'all should've led Division I-AA in rushing last season easily.. (without brushing off the Wing T every saturday after Thanksgivng)..I mean if y'all that damned big...it was just line up and blow them off the line, right?
With all that girth and after Bruce got hurt, Spears shoulda just ran the ball all game for 10 games. But it's gonna be interesting this season with Bruce back if they're going to abandon the running game.

I personally thought Gram really committed themselves and went to its strength - the O-line - a little too late in the season for my liking. So this season G-men.. use all those hogmollies..they're there for a reason.

GSUperTiger said:
Happened to go home this past w/e, and as I wandered through cable channels, I stumbled upon Cox, and low and behold the SU Jag-A-Thon was airing.

BTW, very nice event Jags. Having the student athlete actively participate was a nice touch. The total accumulated was impressive too.

However, I almost choked on my gravy steak in laughter when Pete was interviewed on his expectations of the 2005 season. He had a confused, bewilidered and dumbfounded expression on his face.

Pete had the same idential facial expression during all those premature timeouts in the BC.

I see some of you all are still taking Dean Pete kindness for weakness. :lol: When he has that look in an odd year, it only means that he will likely go 12-1 (he will probably lose an inconsequential game). :lol:

The entire SWAC should be very afraid. :lol:

Donovan Davis, a true freshman from Callaway, filled in for Riddley against Vandy. Davis has worked at guard recently after arriving at MSU as one of the nation's highest rated tackle prospects.

"Donovan has practiced very well and very hard," MSU coach Jackie Sherrill said. "He's a very intelligent young man,

G Donovan Davis, Jr. - The 6-7, 328-pound junior played both guard and tackle and was supposed to be a key cog on the line, but he chose to leave the program leaving a big hole in the depth at left guard.

Sophomore offensive lineman Donovan Davis became the latest player to decide he can do without Mississippi State football when he quit six practices into spring practice. At least 15 players have left the program since the beginning of last season, either quitting, graduating early, transferring or being suspended. The Bulldogs lost one player, offensive tackle Richard Burch, to a drug-related arrest.

Interesting

Richard Burch ................that's the latest one that was arrested on drug charges this past January.

And yes ....................HE'S A BROTHER. :sick:

His stuff is still up in the air. I think he started every game the last 3 years.

STARKVILLE, Miss. - Donovan Davis, an offensive lineman who has seen only limited action, is no longer a member of the Mississippi State football team.

Davis' decision to leave before Tuesday's practice makes him the 15th Bulldog player since the beginning of last season to quit, graduate early, transfer or be suspended.

"Donovan has left the team, and we wish him well," Mississippi State coach Sylvester Croom said. "Those that don't want to be here, it is best that they relocate. The way we do things here is not for everyone. I know this is part of the process."

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunherald/11209885.htm

An article I read a while ago stated that Davis says he was too hurt to practice. The team's trainers said he could practice. Croom agreed with the trainers. Davis quit.

Why are some SU fans intent on down-playing this transfer before he has even played a down?

Worried, are we?

:bump:

sibiur said:
Why are some SU fans intent on down-playing this transfer before he has even played a down?

Worried, are we?

:bump:

Crab, go back and re-read the posts. Only three Jaguars have posted and non downplayed your recent transferred. Two didn't even mention him. Welcome to the board junior.:lecture:

BgJag said:
Crab, go back and re-read the posts. Only three Jaguars have posted and non downplayed your recent transferred. Two didn't even mention him. Welcome to the board junior.:lecture:

Don't be too hard on the lil fella...

Welcome to the board squirt.

Junior?

I'm twice your age, sonny.

Besides, look below.

Journalist said:
Question: If this dude was so heavily touted, why did he transfer when he had to compete against a redshirt freshman for the O-line job?

Second question: With all that girth, the best Gram could do was 6-5??? I totally don't understand. With all that humanity on the line..y'all should've led Division I-AA in rushing last season easily.. (without brushing off the Wing T every saturday after Thanksgivng)..I mean if y'all that damned big...it was just line up and blow them off the line, right?
With all that girth and after Bruce got hurt, Spears shoulda just ran the ball all game for 10 games. But it's gonna be interesting this season with Bruce back if they're going to abandon the running game.

I personally thought Gram really committed themselves and went to its strength - the O-line - a little too late in the season for my liking. So this season G-men.. use all those hogmollies..they're there for a reason.

Looks like they are talking about Grams little-use of that running game that was so successful for them late in the year. Even in the post you quoted, the guy only mentioned the transfer in saying he left when competing with a redshirt-freshman, which doesn't spek too high for him, but maybe there were some real issues at MSU.

I don't think too many of us care that he has tranferred though. It's not like Grambling is the ONLY school in the SWAC that gets them you know ....

Not AARP, but Official Licensed Football Addicts Ready To Shout. Better known by our acronym, OL FARTS.

See you at the Superdome. I'll be the fat old man wearing the GSU gear (that'll narrow it down for you).

Charles M.

sibiur said:
Not AARP, but Official Licensed Football Addicts Ready To Shout. Better known by our acronym, OL FARTS.

See you at the Superdome. I'll be the fat old man wearing the GSU gear (that'll narrow it down for you).

Charles M.

That will be most of the Gram fans I know.:) Just kidding, most of the women are fine.:D

Let them say whatever they feellike saying.... it doe snot matter who we get and where we get them from SU people will always down talk the situation at hand..... it's like us getting a transfer from them that did a pretty ok job and decided to transfer to Gram I could just imagine how they would talk the fella down......

IT'S ALL GOOD HE IS JUST ANOTHER ADDITION TO "RAISING THE BAR" 06........... ;) ;)

Back