Minnesota trooper writes 205 mph speeding ticket

EB

Posted 9/21/2004 5:07 PM

Minnesota trooper writes 205 mph speeding ticket

WABASHA, Minn. (AP) ? With a State Patrol airplane overhead, a Stillwater motorcyclist hit the throttle and possibly set the informal record for the fastest speeding ticket in Minnesota history: 205 mph.

On Saturday afternoon, State Patrol pilot Al Loney was flying near Wabasha, in southeastern Minnesota on the Wisconsin border, watching two motorcyclists racing along U.S. Highway 61.

When one of the riders shot forward, Loney was ready with his stopwatch. He clicked it once when the motorcycle reached a white marker on the road and again a quarter-mile later. The watch read 4.39 seconds, which Loney calculated to be 205 mph.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
but I thought, anything over 25mph over the speed limit was an automatic arrest........?

okay, I went back and read it, I was right.

And now that I'm thinking about it, would they freeze to death? Or has the trademark cold stigma of MN held off?

ms.sonic96 said:
but I thought, anything over 25mph over the speed limit was an automatic arrest........?

okay, I went back and read it, I was right.

Well Ms Sonic I actually got a ticket on my bike about a year ago for doing well the officer said I was doing 100 in a 65 and thankfully I wasn't arrested. I guess he was tired and ready to go home or something. I did have to appear in court and the ticket was 600.00 and that was after I pled No Contest. I think the maximum fine if I chose to fight it was 1500.00.

SU's Finest '93 said:
How da hell can anyone drive that fast? That's just plain ole ridiculous. :smh:

I have gotten up to 163 on my R1 and it is a stock bike with no extras what so ever. So I am sure that will a little tinkering 200 mph is very possible.

To give you an example of the speed of a bike...we go from Fayetteville, AR to Alma, Ar which is about 40 miles in about 19 to 20 minutes...average speed 140 to 160....the trick is knowing how to lean...and to be honest one wrong move and your ARSE is grass.

People who don't ride have no appreciation of it nor understand it...people who do ride...say one thing...YEAAAAAAAAA.....do I appreciate my life...YES...but there is nothing like a hobby where you are always on the edge. I just could not see myself playing golf...to boring.....

AAMU_TOP_DOG said:
I have gotten up to 163 on my R1 and it is a stock bike with no extras what so ever. So I am sure that will a little tinkering 200 mph is very possible.

On my CBR F4I 600...I have gotten up to 171....it ain't that hard...bruh I know guys who done took a R1 dayum near 200 on a track......for real!!!

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
On my CBR F4I 600...I have gotten up to 171....it ain't that hard...bruh I know guys who done took a R1 dayum near 200 on a track......for real!!!

:nod:

Yep. lol

170+mph on one of things is almost the norm. The fastest that I've ever gone in my life is 172mph (according to the speed dial) on a souped up ZX-7R. I can't imagine what these R1s would do. :(

You guys need to make plans to come to the ATL next July for the Atlanta Bike Fest!!

For more info visit www.atlantabikefest.com I can only imagine how many people this event will draw!!

PM if you need additional info or would like to speak with the coordinators.

:cool:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back