Mercer at Bethune Cookman Game Thread: 2:00pm CT

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
To listen to the Mercer Broadcast: click here
To listen to the Bethune Cookman Broadcast: click here

Game Time: 2:00pm CT
TV/Stream: SWAC Sports Digital Network

Note to posters: Its OK to show support for your team, but please leave out the smack!

The smack policy will be HEAVILY enforced. Ignoring it WILL result in an immediate ban from the sports board WITHOUT notice.

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
@Polecat56,

You all should be winning 14-0 instead of down 7-0. You all are just missing your opportunities. Still, you all look better.

Oh well, 21-0 at the half. Costly interception and blown coverage on defense. I hope you all can get back in the game and pull off the win in the second half.

@Polecat56,

You all should be winning 14-0 instead of down 7-0. You all are just missing your opportunities. Still, you all look better.
For sure. I said in the beginning of the season that our defense will be much improved. I do expect that. I offense still needs to find an identity. I'm questioning myself with three questions: 1.. is it the execution? 2. Then I question if it's the players. 3. Finally I asked myself finally I asked myself is it the scheme and coach.. either way we'll see what the season brings, I don't know if that was vanilla offense or our scheme that we're running.

@Polecat56,

You're correct. Just missed opportunities. Yeah we're slightly improved in terms of personnel. Overall I expect the defense to be really decent throughout the season. The offense is still trying to find their way through. I said in a couple of posts on me that we could probably win a few games more than we did last year if the offense please a little better. It seems that we are off to a dismal start, however, it was against two pretty solid teams in year two of a new coach and new players. So, we'll just have to see what the season brings.

The qb looked pretty decent. Good enough to win in the Swac. It was the skill players that looked bad.
An improvement. I waited to see what the young man would do against another FCS program. Yeah , he can win in the SWAC. Contend, I’m on a wait and see.

An improvement. I waited to see what the young man would do against another FCS program. Yeah , he can win in the SWAC. Contend, I’m on a wait and see.
Don't look like they have any skill guys. Those WRs were dropping TDs left and right smh. Didn't see anybody dynamic in the backfield either.

Execution and lack of creativity . Oh and the other team buckled down!!!
Yes. First we check the execution of the play. Next is the play isn't working then you check out the personnel of the play. After that you start to look at the actual play calling and offensive coordinator. Is this a winning offense of scheme? That's my thought process of it all. Anyway, it's a wait and see.

Back