Men's Fashion Question on Rolex Watches...

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I'm just curious to know how many brothers would wear a replica Rolex Watch rather than a real one. Here is what sparked me to bring up this convo...

In my middle years, I think I have gotten to a point where, I still value the best quality in everything, yet I am not willing to get something if it will exhaust everything financially that I have worked for (cars, suits, etc.)...just call me a minimalist...

Still, I was watching a video of this brother who confirmed that a Rolex watch (compared to other brands) could be a good bargaining chip in the case that you are stuck somewhere and are in a bind. Almost everywhere around the world, the Rolex Brand is well recognized. Worse case scenario, you get stuck somewhere with no access and thus the watch might just come into play (like the scene with Michael Douglas in "The Game" when he was stuck in Mexico)...

There was one website in particular that I checked out. The watches cost around $500 (give or take). There were nothing but positive reviews from the customers. Even though they were not the real thing, the customers confirmed that they still operated better than your typical watch and they really did look like the real thing. I remember in my younger days, I brought a replica Movado watch to a jeweler. He was absolutely clueless until he looked inside.

Last edited:
I'm just curious to know how many brothers would wear a replica Rolex Watch rather than a real one. Here is what sparked me to bring up this convo...

In my middle years, I think I have gotten to a point where, I still value the best quality in everything, yet I am not willing to get something if it will exhaust everything financially that I have worked for (cars, suits, etc.)...just call me a minimalist...

Still, I was watching a video of this brother who confirmed that a Rolex watch (compared to other brands) could be a good bargaining chip in the case that you are stuck somewhere and are in a bind. Almost everywhere around the world, the Rolex Brand is well recognized. Worse case scenario, you get stuck somewhere with no access and thus the watch might just come into play (like the scene with Michael Douglas in "The Game" when he was stuck in Mexico)...

There was one website in particular that I checked out. The watches cost around $500 (give or take). There were nothing but positive reviews from the customers. Even though they were not the real thing, the customers confirmed that they still operated better than your typical watch and they really did look like the real thing. I remember in my younger days, I brought a replica Movado watch to a jeweler. He was absolutely clueless until he looked inside.
neither for me

I wore the hell out of one when I was in my 30's.......LOL Watches don't mean much to me these days. I wear one of those watches now (when I put it on) that count steps and take blood pressure readings etc...LOL

I wore the hell out of one when I was in my 30's.......LOL Watches don't mean much to me these days. I wear one of those watches now (when I put it on) that count steps and take blood pressure readings etc...LOL
You know what, seriously that kind of watch might be the one I really need.

Anyhow, as I've given more thought to my own post...I might just refocus on something that I had been doing which is continue my investment into Black-Owned watches like Sevenfold, Seventeenth, Axum, & etc. Next up--> Tally & Twine..

Talley & Twine Watches Official Website – Talley & Twine Watch Company (talleyandtwine.com)

I like nice watches man. Gone cop the replica. I primarily wear Movado watches but definitely interested in copping a Rolex.

Just be careful, folks out here killing brothers over Jewelry. Thats one reason i have stopped myself from buying the cuban i want.

I think watches are a waste of money. I don’t wear them because I have a watch on my cell phone.

As far as wearing a replica of someone is looking at you that hard then the question should be why are scoping me out so tough.

I think watches are a waste of money. I don’t wear them because I have a watch on my cell phone.

As far as wearing a replica of someone is looking at you that hard then the question should be why are scoping me out so tough.
Watches retain value more than most jewelry to be fair.

I had a neighbor some years ago that Owns the garbage company in PG county tell me that one of the things he likes spending his money on are watches. He had all of types of expensive watches. If you have the money get what you like. I would be worried about people scoping me out.

Last edited:
I had a neighbor some years ago that Owns the garbage company in PG county tell that of the things he likes spending his money on are watches. He had all of types of expensive watches. If you have the money get what you like. I would be worried about people scoping me out.
Outside of Rolex, most people not going to tell the type of watch you got on. The cats who get robbed typically have really flashy watches. A high level Omega watch runs over 20k but looks dang near like $300 fossil.

Back