Men have you had your physical/checkup for the year?

buckwheat

Just checking! I had mine this morning and everything is great. I had the dreaded prostate exam and I'm ok. I should be receiving my blood work results in a week or two. I just need to exercise more!

Re: Men have you had you physical/checkup for the year?

Just checking! I had mine this morning and everything is great. I had the dreaded prostate exam and I'm ok. I should be receiving my blood work results in a week or two. I just need to exercise more!

YES! Two weeks ago! My doctor gave me a clean bill of health and a sticker.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I also had to get the tetanus shot. I don't really know if I needed that, but I got the shot anyway. The doctor says that it usually lasts for at least 10 years.

I also had to get the tetanus shot. I don't really know if I needed that, but I got the shot anyway. The doctor says that it usually lasts for at least 10 years.

My doctor gave me one too! While I was there, some dude was there for his first prostate exam. Dude was asking the other guys sitting around him a million questions. He asked me and I was dude I'm nowhere close the needing that done.

I have not had my checkup, but I'm looking for a new doctor in the area.

Buck, do you know some good doctors up this way?? I need a dentist and a general doctor.

I had one this time last year and it's about time to go back. Been feeling bad lately. I exercise but my diet has been poor since football season started.

I was good last year except my Triglycerides were high. Colesterol,blood pressure,testorone and all that good stuffs was fine. He gave me something for the Triglycerides but I didn't take it as precribed..SMH

I love sweets. It will be the death of me..

I have not had my checkup, but I'm looking for a new doctor in the area.

Buck, do you know some good doctors up this way?? I need a dentist and a general doctor.

Braveman, I will have to check around and see who my family uses. I really couldn't tell you what doctor to go to. When I was in high school there was a black dentist in Tupelo that I used. He was a grad of Tennessee State, but he died in a plane crash some years ago.

I had one this time last year and it's about time to go back. Been feeling bad lately. I exercise but my diet has been poor since football season started.

I was good last year except my Triglycerides were high. Colesterol,blood pressure,testorone and all that good stuffs was fine. He gave me something for the Triglycerides but I didn't take it as precribed..SMH

I love sweets. It will be the death of me..

Shaw, I'm bad about sweets myself.

Yup, I had mine very recently, as well! All is good, but I too, need to exerciser more. As a matter of fact,
I have already started so if I can keep it up for a year, it should be ever better next time...:tup:

On another note, every year that I go, I make myself laugh thinking back to when I "thought" a digital rectal exam EXCLUDED my doctor laying her hands on me, well one really. I actually thought it was something that I could get done without the ole dreaded "drop em and relax"...:smh:...:lmao:

Had Mine over the Summer....

Evrything looks good Except The Hypertension... Which is evident Ive tried more exercise, cut completely fast foods and red meats, and Still HIGH.... This also was due to genetics and STRESS...:xeye: my BP got to its Highest..202/134 was threatening to stroke out... :xeye:All because of STRESS on the JOB.... Thank God Im better and dealing with it .... Fellas Take care of yourselves.... No One Else will If you dont......

Other than that Im Good....:swink:

Yup, I had mine very recently, as well! All is good, but I too, need to exerciser more. As a matter of fact,
I have already started so if I can keep it up for a year, it should be ever better next time...:tup:

On another note, every year that I go, I make myself laugh thinking back to when I "thought" a digital rectal exam EXCLUDED my doctor laying her hands on me, well one really. I actually thought it was something that I could get done without the ole dreaded "drop em and relax"...:smh:...:lmao:

Yeah you have to drop em! Man I felt so violated, but it was for the good of my health so I couldn't complain! I wish there was a better way of doing a prostate exam.

Yeah you have to drop em! Man I felt so violated, but it was for the good of my health so I couldn't complain! I wish there was a better way of doing a prostate exam.

Violated is not the word for how I felt; it was so much worse than that. But, the fact that it was for the benefit of my own health, helped, but no that much. Also, I heard that there is indeed something coming or even ready now that is non-evasive and yet, reliable for prostate exams. I may be mistaken, but I am almost positive that I have heard or read of it somewhere :noidea:

Violated is not the word for how I felt; it was so much worse than that. But, the fact that it was for the benefit of my own health, helped, but no that much. Also, I heard that there is indeed something coming or even ready now that is non-evasive and yet, reliable for prostate exams. I may be mistaken, but I am almost positive that I have heard or read of it somewhere :noidea:

I hope there is a better way! I'm going to do some research and see what I can come up with.

I have been to the doctor about 6 times this year. I skipped August and September.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I had it done back in 2006 and I was 35 then.....The guy almost refused to do the procedure stating that I was too young!!!!! I told him that I wanted to start this process early and not wait 'til I'm 40!!!!! I hate that process too!!!!!

Back