Memphis Police Officers Charged With Murder

So three of the five are Ques. I guess they'll be coming after all of us (Greeks) now.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
About a year or two ago, I created this thread--> https://hbcusports.com/forums/threads/this-is-how-serious-crime-is-in-memphis-right-now.144249/

At the time my thinking was man, how could this happen to a brand-new chief of police in this city? Now with all that stuff is coming out, it's all making sense now. Yes this city already was already having it's issues but I know for a fact there were still good men and women in the upper ranks of law enforcement. The last year or two since her time on at the top, something seemed off and different. Now the more I learn about her and what has happened under her watch, the more uneasy I feel about safety in this city.

If things are confirmed about her dealings back in Atlanta, I know the problem with police corruption is still systemic and is not going away anytime soon. still, I think she just needs go.

I also saw this and thought it was interesting as well-->

Red Dawg Unit=Atlanta=Scorpion Unit=Memphis

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb3JmJF3LeQ

Last edited:
About a year or two ago, I created this thread--> https://hbcusports.com/forums/threads/this-is-how-serious-crime-is-in-memphis-right-now.144249/

At the time my thinking was man, how could this happen to a brand-new chief of police in this city? Now with all that stuff is coming out, it's all making sense now. Yes this city already was already having it's issues but I know for a fact there were still good men and women in the upper ranks of law enforcement. The last year or two since her time on at the top, something seemed off and different. Now the more I learn about her and what has happened under her watch, the more uneasy I feel about safety in this city.

If things are confirmed about her dealings back in Atlanta, I know the problem with police corruption is still systemic and is not going away anytime soon. still, I think she just needs go.

I also saw this and thought it was interesting as well-->

Red Dawg Unit=Atlanta=Scorpion Unit=Memphis

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb3JmJF3LeQ
Look a little lower down the chain of command BDME23.

Operationally, the sergeant(s) and the lieutenant(s) of that unit know what was happening day to day with that unit. In my opinion, those guys were very comfortable with what they were doing because they had a habit of doing it all the time. If that is the case, then the sergeant(s) of that unit condoned it or always overlooked it, and the lieutenant(s) was covering up for them.

Administratively, the captain all the way up to the top of the chain of command are the last to know what is going on if the first line supervisors/sergeant(s) and first line commanders/lieutenant(s) are withholding vital information. I'm not saying their hands are clean, but it usually takes longer for them to figure out what is happening in a department that size, and if the actions of their first line personnel are being withheld from them it takes even longer. Once they find out they are suppose to act swiftly with corrective action, if they fail to do so they become complicit in the activity.

Sadly, in a very sickening chain of events, a very decent young man's life was brutally taken from him, but it has exposed, for the good of everyone else, what those guys were likely doing all too often. It's just a damn shame it has taken the loss of a life to find out.

Last edited:
Memphis gonna get wild when they release that bodycam video tomorrow. They're doing damage control by charging them early on but not sure it's going to help. Everyone that's seen it thus far, even the police chief, have said how bad it is.
I refuse(d) to watch the footage. I just have no desire to sit there and watch it.

That said, there were pretty much non-violent protests, which I was glad of. Now, if we can just get the dudes in the hood to stop shooting, we'll be A-1.

I refuse(d) to watch the footage. I just have no desire to sit there and watch it.

That said, there were pretty much non-violent protests, which I was glad of. Now, if we can just get the dudes in the hood to stop shooting, we'll be A-1.
Same here...

Back