McNair excited by changes made by Chow

Blacknbengal

McNair excited by changes made by Chow
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Steve McNair can't hide his enthusiasm.

The Tennessee quarterback always has done exactly what his coaches asked for - whether it was making the safe pass, handing off the ball or having only two or three audibles to use per game.

Now the Titans have a new offensive coordinator in NFL rookie Norm Chow, and the 10-year veteran feels like his hands have been untied.

"We can do just about anything we want in this offense as far as being a quarterback and making changes. The only thing he asks is why we did that, and give him a good reason. I think that is something we haven't had in the past," McNair said.

"As a quarterback, that's the exciting part about being a quarterback. Being a leader, you have to have that leeway to where you can change plays and not just put yourself in a bind."

Read story

I have feeling that this will be the year that the Titans will win the superbowl and brother Steve McNair might be second African-American quarterback to win a superbowl.. oh yeah, He happen be from tradition Hbcu powerhouse Alcorn State..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
BlackCaesar2k5 said:
I have feeling that this will be the year that the Titans will win the superbowl and brother Steve McNair might be second African-American quarterback to win a superbowl.. oh yeah, He happen be from tradition Hbcu powerhouse Alcorn State..
Man we know Steve played at Alcorn. :D geesh

BlackCeasar2k5, you do know that the Titans are the youngest team in the NFL this year, right? They have just under 50 rookies or 2nd year players in training camp. Not to mention they got rid of a bunch of veteran starters from last years' squad. And on top of that, McNair will have to learn a new system. I just don't see it happening this year. More than likely they will finish 3rd in their division behind the Colts and Jaguars. And that's only if the Texans ain't got nothing to say about it. :scared:

SWAC, I am very very optimistic that Titans will be in contention for the superbowl and win the AFC south division. Yeah, But Norm Chow offense is almost silimar to offensive scheme that Titans ran under Mike Hemingder. McNAir is very quick learner unlike other quarterbacks in the National Football League.. Let us not forget that Titans have one of the best backfield in NFL with the tadem of Travis Henry and Chris Brown. I agree they definitely need more speed and depth at wide recevier.. The Colts is basically a finesse football team with soft defense and quarterback that never won the big game in his football career. However, the Jaugars could be the team that will give the Titans fits, but they lack the firepower on the offensive side of the football. And Texans will never win AFC south until they get real quarterback...

Back