Mary J's New joint

jelli

Music Lover
Are you feeeling Mary J. Blige's new Joint Family affair?

Don't need no Hateration...holleration in this danceree....
Lets get it perculatin while your waitin in this danceree...

Can someboby tell me what hateration is? Or Holleration for that matter.

Let's get it crunk up in this danceree.....

I've heard it, but not feeling it yet. I always feel them after they get old...LOL such as Jagged Edge...Where Da Party At...uh ohhhhhh

The only song I've heard is the one you quoted...

It is something about that beat and her voice that makes me want to shake my head to the beat...and after a while I can work my shoulders..... I don't know about the rest of it...but I like that song for that beat if nothing else...

I'm with you on this one Jelli. I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't SUCK but it's not hitting like the last one.

Originally posted by jelli
I aint feelin this CD.......at all.:(

Faith Evans....please send help!!!

Jelli, I don't know what in the hell she's talking about.....

I'm going to pick up a burned copy this weekend, so when I get back, I'll let you know what I think.

I'm a fan, I have all of her albums.

Re: Jelli, I don't know what in the hell she's talking about.....

Originally posted by phatback
I'm going to pick up a burned copy this weekend, so when I get back, I'll let you know what I think.

I'm a fan, I have all of her albums.
I'm fan too. I have all her previous stuff but I won't be purchasing this one. I'm sitting here listening to this album and she just aint moving me. :)

I don't know what to think of this cd yet. :confused:

I've only listened to it once, and it really didn't do anything for me. MAYBE it'll grow on me, but I don't know.

I know one thing....it's nowhere near as good as her last one...

Don't you guys see it? :idea:This one of the last ones before she goes gospel!!! When they switch over, they always go out like that!

This CD SUCK

Originally posted by BluBlood
Don't you guys see it? :idea:This one of the last ones before she goes gospel!!! When they switch over, they always go out like that!
Blu I think you may be on to something. Mary says she aint going through the things she was going through on the last albums. She done fount GOD and she is happy.(Yo go Mary). So she wanted to do an upbeat album because she aint crying no more.

The CD still sucks.
:mad:

Lift Scraight From BET Website

Mary Says No More Drama In Her Music or Her Life

Tonya Pendleton
BET.com Music Editor

In this exclusive interview, Mary J. Blige talks about her new album "No More Drama" and how her life has changed since she found love --for herself. Mary's new album is full of empowering songs of hope and love, a little bit different than her past songs of pain. She says "I want people to feel my joy so they can generate their own."
August 22, 2001-I first met Mary J. Blige several years ago when I was interviewing Jodeci. Already a star in her own right, she came to the studio a few times with then-boyfriend K-Ci. Despite her own celebrity, she seemed to shrink beside him,letting him eclipse her own light.

These days, Mary J. is a changed person. The woman who was once known for bad behavior is a poised, confident artist who?s fully in control of herself and her career.

She says that she's no longer dealing with drama in her life, but she's still talking about it throughout her CD. I wonder who all of the haters are? Are is she just imagining it?

Mary is straight yall.

I like the CD. It's more upbeat than her previous albums. There are some very nice beats and music on the tracks. She also drops some knowledge in some of the lyrics. Mary never could sing so I didn't expect that situation to improve. She shouldn't have ever tried to rap though, she raps on track 2 or 3. But I forgot she carries the title of the "Queen of Hip Hop". And by the way, I have enjoyed all of her previous albums. I would recommend the album to any music lover.

Back