Marching Storm 2019

"I don't see no field slaves up on hyar! You knows marsa catch you up in hyar you gones be in a WHOLE HEAP UH TRUBBUH!"...lookin a

Buddy you might want to wake up front that dream. JSU has nowhere near the reach and clout in industry as PV or sTu.

Ok.... I watched JSU's clips from this year and any band where the freshmen are outplaying the upperclassmen by a long shot needs to keep their sh!t off the internet. But of course any fool that says Hispanics have no soul would be dumb enough to believe JSU is worth a sh!t in anything LMAO. This po catfish eatin mofo just tried to discredit all of Latin America. And you think I'm young but you have no clue who that white guy is in that picture do you? That's your daddy Bill Moffit. Thank him for just about every drill the Sonic Poof has ever done. Now sit your uneducated sippi arse down somewhere before your brain hemorrhages from too much knowledge son.
Post where I said any where on ANY post that Hispanics don't have any soul. Heck, half of 'em are Black any way.
I'll be waiting for that post.

PV has too many multi-colored folks to really be great. Some don't even understand the HBCU experience of rhythm and blues.
They're just going through the motions of marching with no soul.

Really dude? You do realize most of these young folks don't play or march with the old day soul anyway. That includes the Boom and the 99% black kids you may have in that band. They ain't in the pocket or marching with soul or grooving like the old school Haughton and early Taylor Boom editions. Just look at film and you will see the difference across every band. Things done changed across the board in all bands. SU ain't jazzy and soulful as we used be either. Has nothing to do with other ethnicity in our mix or PV's mix. The black kids don't even have the same soul and rhythm we had in the 70s 80s and 90s.

Hell you see that in popular music. There are no Hall and Oates, KC and Sunshine Band, Michael McDonald, Rod Tempertons, Steely Dan's etc like it used to be. Those were none Blacks who had soul and rhythm etc better than alot of us due to the times and the vibe of the music and how they were taught and WHO taught them. These kids just reflect the times. So your complaint aint the ethnic makeup of the bands. It is how these new school kids interpret the music and how much of a feeling that they put in playing and marching to it. It aint that serious to this generation in my opinion. We lived to play and march in the band in the old days. We put a lot of feeling into the music then because it was from our time. Alot of these kids don't understand that because they are playing old stuff way before they were even born. You can tell the difference when they play the newer stuff vs the older stuff. But I digress. Let these kids do their thing and welcome the diversity into our bands. This aint a tic for tac deal that we need to keep them out or something.

Anyway, good stuff PV. Not shocked yall sounding good over there with Tim and my Crab Brother Ralph Chapman. They were raised the right way! LOL.

Really dude? You do realize most of these young folks don't play or march with the old day soul anyway. That includes the Boom and the 99% black kids you may have in that band. They ain't in the pocket or marching with soul or grooving like the old school Haughton and early Taylor Boom editions. Just look at film and you will see the difference across every band. Things done changed across the board in all bands. SU ain't jazzy and soulful as we used be either. Has nothing to do with other ethnicity in our mix or PV's mix. The black kids don't even have the same soul and rhythm we had in the 70s 80s and 90s.

Hell you see that in popular music. There are no Hall and Oates, KC and Sunshine Band, Michael McDonald, Rod Tempertons, Steely Dan's etc like it used to be. Those were none Blacks who had soul and rhythm etc better than alot of us due to the times and the vibe of the music and how they were taught and WHO taught them. These kids just reflect the times. So your complaint aint the ethnic makeup of the bands. It is how these new school kids interpret the music and how much of a feeling that they put in playing and marching to it. It aint that serious to this generation in my opinion. We lived to play and march in the band in the old days. We put a lot of feeling into the music then because it was from our time. Alot of these kids don't understand that because they are playing old stuff way before they were even born. You can tell the difference when they play the newer stuff vs the older stuff. But I digress. Let these kids do their thing and welcome the diversity into our bands. This aint a tic for tac deal that we need to keep them out or something.

Anyway, good stuff PV. Not shocked yall sounding good over there with Tim and my Crab Brother Ralph Chapman. They were raised the right way! LOL.
Well said JR and I agree with you 100 percent. Perhaps I didn't break it down into more simpler language.

What irks me is that we as a people let EVERYBODY and his momma into our neighborhoods and they end up after a decade or two taking it over, while not giving back anything to us who live in the neighborhoods giving our money.
We let Arabs, Koreans, Iranians and others come into our neighborhood, take over our businesses, banks, stores, etc. and what do they give back? Nothing.
Then we get mad at them for treating us like crap after we let them in with open arms.
Not one time did I say I was against including others.
What I did however say and will continue to say is don't let other folks take over what we've built over time and water it down like is happening now, cause today's HBCU bands have fallen off tremendously for some reason.

We have a history over and over, of letting other folks/groups come in and take over. That's my main gripe.
I truly hope (like other cultures have done and still do), that our youth will protect what's our's and not let others come in and take it away from us.
If we continue to let others come in and damn near take over, then our culture will truly be a thing of the past.
That's as simplistic and succinct as I can put it.

Bout as thick as country mud... and I know a few thangs the coochie poppers can do

lmao

I remember we had the SWAC volleyball tournament on campus one year when I was at ASU...LAWD them Mississippi girls from JSU and Alcorn were on a another level!

That was like 2008 or 2010 and I still might up and move to Mississippi because of what I saw that day!

Gee whiz, it ain't Christmas, but I thought I was opening toys on Christmas morning! Y'all forgot to post the icing on the Marching Storm's cake. Young and tender, I surrender, but don't lock me, I'm just another great pretender!
mod.gif

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdGi7AmYy98

Last edited:
Before anyone else says another word, we alums were already in agreeance on a few things smh.

Fire away lol.

Gee whiz, it ain't Christmas, but I thought I was opening toys on Christmas morning! Y'all forgot to post the icing on the Marching Storm's cake. Young and tender, I surrender, but don't lock me, I'm just another great pretender!
mod.gif

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdGi7AmYy98

Look at that box of chocolate there smh... peee veee let me find out y’all hiding them fine women out there like this.... might have to pick up and move to H town....

Back