LSU vs Texas

Jag-BR

Go Jags!!!!!!
LSU 16
Texas 15

7:02 1st P

Tyrus Thomas did sort of like a hit and run on UT's Brad Buckman. :nod: :lol:

they say his uncle works at SU and was recruited by LSU late...how did SU miss out on him? It would've been interesting to see how he would've fared...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
the band fan said:
they say his uncle works at SU and was recruited by LSU late...how did SU miss out on him? It would've been interesting to see how he would've fared...
IF he was at SU when we would have play Duke it would have been a different story. Tyrus wouldnt have gave S Wllms nothing. :nod: :nod: Inside was a problem for us. :nod:

silentrage said:
Why does LSU continue to take 3-point shots? They are not hitting them at all!
I dont know. That possesion for UT was big. Go LSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 52 all. LSU ball. 32.1 2nd P. :tup: :tup: :tup:

the band fan said:

He was close to signing with us, but LSU came in at the last minute and nabbed him.

LSU WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bday: :bday:

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nod: :tup: :nod: :tup:

The Band Fan & JaguarNation99,

Tyrus Thomas ...they say his uncle works at SU and was recruited by LSU late...how did SU miss out on him? It would've been interesting to see how he would've fared...

Unfortunately, this is not directly on Southern University's athletic program. It is just another example on why it is so difficult for our HBCU programs to turn the corner and compete as at least a mid-major program. He was interesting in playing for Southern. He did not have many options because obviously he was a late bloomer and he was an academic qualifer.

Exactly, what the SWAC member institution need to thrive or what many of mid-major program have been able to thrive on in the recent years. Southern's coaching staff, like many of our HBCU programs, did not feel comfortable about holding-up a scholarship for a non-qualifer and an unproven talent, but obviously an athletically talented student athlete (young man).

While we may do it for football (signing period), for whatever reason in basketball our coaches are less likely to do it with the basketball scholarships. I believe, our coaches believe, they do not have enough scholarships to use one up on a player that is going to have to sit out a year (non-injury). I believe the BCS level programs have the ability to take a "project" players that is partial qualifer and an unproven talent, but obviously an athletically talented student athlete (young man) with the idea thay he will bring greater rewards down the road.

?

It is amazing how young the final eight teams are. Will a team from the United States bottom southern states (known for football) finally win a national Division I basketball championship (there were 3 in the Elite Eight, LSU, Texas, and Florida), besides the one won by the Texas Western (UTEP) in far flung west Texas? They have been close (Final Four and Championship Game appearances), but have not done it.

I'm sorry but college basketball is down this year...BIG TIME! :shame:

No one can tell me that ANY of these teams in the Tournament even hang with Louisville, UNC, Arizona, Michigan State, Illiniois, etc of last season. I just got through watching UCLA beat #1 seeded Memphis. Memphis scored less than 40 points in the entire game. :shame: There's been some excitement in this tournament but nothing like last year. :sick:

...Carry On..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
ToPdOg said:
The final score in that game was 50-45.

Man, that's still a piss poor performance. And to make it worse, towards the end of the game, UCLA hadn't scored in 7.5 minutes and STILL led by 6. :shame: Like I said, this is a down year in college basketball. :sick:

...Carry On..

Nonchalant said:
I'm sorry but college basketball is down this year...BIG TIME! :shame:

No one can tell me that ANY of these teams in the Tournament even hang with Louisville, UNC, Arizona, Michigan State, Illiniois, etc of last season. I just got through watching UCLA beat #1 seeded Memphis. Memphis scored less than 40 points in the entire game. :shame: There's been some excitement in this tournament but nothing like last year. :sick:

...Carry On..

The talent is just as good, but the play is a little sloppy because of the youth of the teams left. Most of these teams' best players are sophomores and freshmen. There are not many juniors and seniors on the court right now.

Nonchalant said:
Man, that's still a piss poor performance. And to make it worse, towards the end of the game, UCLA hadn't scored in 7.5 minutes and STILL led by 6. :shame: Like I said, this is a down year in college basketball. :sick:

...Carry On..
Yeah, the inexperience of the Memphis team showed today. They have a very young team, not many upperclassmen. I think they'll be good over the next few years though.

ToPdOg said:
Yeah, the inexperience of the Memphis team showed today. They have a very young team, not many upperclassmen. I think they'll be good over the next few years though.

Inexperience? Yo, its LATE March and they were a #1 seed. Where's the inexperience? :shame:

:sick:

...Carry On..

the band fan said:
This is the deal. LSU had 1 scholarship available and offered Spencer Ford, another BR hoops star out of junior college. Days before the signing period Ford gets in some kind of trouble. SU and Grambling were the :eek: only schools recruiting Thomas from what I have been told. All of a sudden they become interested in Thomas and we all know the rest.:bawling:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
This is the deal. LSU had 1 scholarship available and offered Spencer Ford, another BR hoops star out of junior college. Days before the signing period Ford gets in some kind of trouble. SU and Grambling were the :eek: only schools recruiting Thomas from what I have been told. All of a sudden they become interested in Thomas and we all know the rest.:bawling:
I talk with his mother all the time....Now if i can get S.Ford at Southern....:ebrow:

After LSU's success this season and looking at how bright there future is, I see a lot of high school kids fighting 2 play 4 LSU. We have some excellent players in the boot and these Tigers show what our homegrown talent can do on the court.

The 225 Basketball Season 2006 Men's & Ladies SWAC & SEC Champs...2003 Football Champs...THAT 225 :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :wavey:

Back