Love and Commitment.......Which is more powerfull?

Dr. Sweet NUPE

I have often wondered this. Everyone has a different definition of Love but there is only 1 definition of Commitment.

In short are they both considered the same or can a person be Committed to someone without Love or Love someone and not be Committed to them.

I really think they both go hand in hand.

I don't think you can truly be committed to someone and not love them....I know I couldn't. I don't even think I can love someone and not be committed to them either. With me, they go hand in hand.

I'm committed to my man, friends, family etc. And I love them all.

Whatever you do...if it doesn't include love then it is in vain. How can you commit in a relationship if you don't have love?

If you're committed to your man, does that mean that you love him? Is it possible to love someone and not be in love? If so, then is it possible to be committed to someone....not in love with them...but you love them?

Sorry for the confusion.

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
I really think they both go hand in hand.

I don't think you can truly be committed to someone and not love them....I know I couldn't. I don't even think I can love someone and not be committed to them either. With me, they go hand in hand.

I'm committed to my man, friends, family etc. And I love them all.

define love.

define commitment.

Specify which kind of love you're referring to... as there are 3 types of love.

Don't they both go hand in hand. If you have one with out the other. Then I believe you are not a happy person....:(

Commitment is the glue that keeps love together, if you're truly committed to a person, when things start to break down, it will be that committment that keeps the love from wavering.

NICE

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
If you're committed to your man, does that mean that you love him? Is it possible to love someone and not be in love? If so, then is it possible to be committed to someone....not in love with them...but you love them?

Sorry for the confusion.

LG,

I think I'm answering your question correctly.

Yes I do love my man, and yes it is possible to love someone and not be in love with them....there is a difference. It is also possible to be committed to someone you're not in love with, but you do love them.

Just like I described before; I'm committed to my friends and family and I'm not in love with them. When I refer to being in love with someone, I mean a significant other.

Ya feel me now?;)

And another thing

You don't have to be in love with someone to be committed to them.

Just thought I'd put that on out there.

I was thinking that it was love that keeps the commitment together...They do work together no matter what.

Exactly Ms. J4J

But people tend to think that one must be in love with someone to be committed to them and that's not always true. I can just simply love someone and still be committed to them....It doesn't have to include me being in love with them. If you're a genuine friend of mine, I'm naturally committed to you because that's part of friendship, in my book.

It could just be me, maybe I love to easily.

**shrugs shoulders**

Dtown,

You're correct if we consider the three forms of love [agape, eloim (sp?), and philial (sp?)] If I remember them correctly... Agape is the the kind of love that we have for mankind similar to God's love. Eloim is the love of between a man and a woman...husband and wife, and philial is brotherly love (love of mankind).

I may have the definitions out of order, but when we think of it that way.... it makes very much since that we can love our fellow man or friends...etc... and we can love our spouses in a different manner...

I think the three

love
being in love
and commitment

are all seperate. I can say I've loved someone (and still do), was committed to them, but was not in love with them (after a period of time).

It may be difficult to be committed to someone you don't love but I guess its possible too.

But when all three come together, that is when you have a partner in life.

Thats just my belief.

From my understanding...this is a question concerning love and commitment between couples? Correct? Well my answer is if this is my man...I doubt if I can make a commitment without love. Yes, I may love them in Jesus Name, but because I'm not in love with him, will prevent me from going that extra mile. That's my $.73 worth!!!

1. Love is more powerful than commitment.

<center>You can love someone and not be in a relationship with them.

You can be in love with a person who doesn't even know you.

You can continue to love someone that whoops your azz, takes your money, and doesn't respect you.

You can know that someone is all wrong for you and STILL love they stinkin' azz!

You can be totally committed to someone based strictly on financial security and nothing more. *

You can be committed to someone out of fear. *
* <font size=1> These are all possible, but not too easy*</font></center>

2. Love and commitment do not necessarily go "hand in hand", but it the system works best when they do!
Think about it....

I don't think you can be committed to a person if you are not in love with them. You don't feel as if you have to go that extra mile in the relationship. Family and friends are totally different, we only commit ourselves to a certain degree, but when we don't feel like doing something we don't do it. Love is strange. When we are truly in love with someone we are committed to the end. This is just my personal opinion.

Back