List Your Top 5 Songs Out Right Now ...

I feel you.

Originally posted by PsiSnake
I see most'of yall listed Ashanti-"Foolish"; yall aint feeling her, yall feeling Biggie Smalls-"One More Chance"....they got'chall fooled, its Biggie you feelin.

I thought I was the only one...

Let's see my top five are:

1. Pass the Courvoisier Busta Rhymes (P.Diddy, P. Williams)

2. Full Moon Brandy

3. You know I love you Donell Jones

4. Rainy Dayz Mary J. Blige/Ja Rule

5. Wish I didn't miss you Angie Stone

I am also feeling some local ATL stuff:

Ying Yang Twinz -"Yi Yi Yi"
Jim Crow - "Holla at a Playa"

Hey Ntelekt and PSI Snake,
If you are old school like me then you know that they are not feeling Ashanti or Biggie. They are really feeling old school DeBarge's "Stay With Me" which P.Diddy and Biggie sampled that smooth melody from. :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by JR

If you are old school like me then you know that they are not feeling Ashanti or Biggie. They are really feeling old school DeBarge's "Stay With Me" which P.Diddy and Biggie sampled that smooth melody from. :D

Yeah-yeah, Puffy did sample Debarge's song...I forgot about that.

But what gets me is that, everybody is going crazy over Ashanti's cut(I'm not knockin her...she doing her thing), but all it is, is Biggie. Biggie's "One More Chance" have'ya head boppin whenever its played, ya know...tight @$$ beat. Now this chick samples the exact same beat, sings a couple of verses and got everybody thinking they feeling her.

I'm waiting to hear the next release from her.

UMMM let me see....

• [1]Half Crazy - Musiq Soulchild
    [2]Let's Stay Home Tonight - Joe
    [3]Anything - Jahiem
    [4]I Love You - Faith Evans
    [5]Take a Message - Remy Shand
Honorable mention
  • Rainy Day - Mary J and JaRule
  • Full Moon - Brandy
These two are moving up on the lists

Originally posted by PsiSnake
I see most'of yall listed Ashanti-"Foolish"; yall aint feeling her, yall feeling Biggie Smalls-"One More Chance"....they got'chall fooled, its Biggie you feelin.
I know but maybe they feeling the video because I like the video the song just makes me want to hear biggie though.

Originally posted by JR

JR:

I'm witcha with the old school. That's why it took me so long to come up with list...the "top 5" songs that I'm feeling RIGHT NOW aren't current. ;) But it's all good.

In regard to Ashanti/Biggie/DeBarge, I must admit...the "One More Chance" remix did hella justice to that sample. Reason being: MOST people had no idea that it was a sample in the first place. I knew because I always listened to DeBarge, but I didn't even like "Stay With Me". Bad Boy did their homework by selecting an tight, but UNPOPULAR sample with that one. It's just that when they sampled OTHER stuff...well, you know the rest. :rolleyes: :(

JSU*Toi:

I'm hoping that you didn't misconstrue my statement as me actually LIKING Ashanti's song, because that would be farthest from the truth. :)

I mean dang...once Biggie did it and made it a classic, common sense would tell me to LEAVE IT ALONE!
But aye, a whole lotta people actually like it....so to each his own.
*shrugs shoulders*

1. Any Other Night - Sharissa
2. Ain't It Funny - Jennifer Lopez, featuring Ja Rule
3. Foolish - Ashanti
4. I Love You - Faith Evans
5. More than a Woman - Aaliyah

Originally posted by JR

Man yall are some true music aficionado in this here thread. I thought I had an apptitude for music but I didn't get the Debarge beat. Wow. Well that typical Puffy.

Here they go....you'll understand if you from the boot or that dirty dirty!

1. Choppa - Choppa Style (JMK Remix)
  2. Kilo - Rock 'da Boat
  3. Da Enturage - Bunny Hop
  4. Josephine Johnny - Workin wit Sumthin
  5. 5th Ward Webbie - I Really Want You
    [/list=1]

Ya'll don't feel me....

:: thinkin:: Dayum I miss bein at home in tha N.O.! Now if only there was a way to get the radio DJs in D/FW to play stuff like this!

Sweetnupe, why did I know you were from the NO when I saw your list. The latest is "Bust it open" by DJ Duck (just guess what they are talking about.) Of course, there is a dance to go with it.

1. Eminem - Without Me
2. Cam'ron - Oh Boy
3. Jay-Z - Super Ugly (Ether Comeback)
4. Project Pat - I Choose U
5. Ja Rule - Down A$$ Bi*tch

Back