Lindsey Hunter named new head basketball coach at Mississippi Valley State

I think it’s a horrible hire.... not enough experience to be a d1 head coach.... it’s a slap I’m the face to assistants who been putting in work... he got this off his name and not his work.

I think it’s a horrible hire.... not enough experience to be a d1 head coach.... it’s a slap I’m the face to assistants who been putting in work... he got this off his name and not his work.

1. People said the same thing about Sean Woods with only stops at High Point and TAMU-CC before Valley.

2. As some people are quick to holler surrounding the Dancy hire (and for JSU and ASU as well) is that you don't hire the assistant who was there for all 5 years that won 31 games.

3. If Lindsey Hunter inquired about openings in the SWAC, he would get hired at probably all of them off his NAME. It's like that sometimes.

1. People said the same thing about Sean Woods with only stops at High Point and TAMU-CC before Valley.

2. As some people are quick to holler surrounding the Dancy hire (and for JSU and ASU as well) is that you don't hire the assistant who was there for all 5 years that won 31 games.

3. If Lindsey Hunter inquired about openings in the SWAC, he would get hired at probably all of them off his NAME. It's like that sometimes.
He was a finalist for the Miles job last year .... his name wouldn’t hold any weight here ....

Dude, your hatred of all things JSU is showing.
Horrible hire??!! Hunter was once an interim head coach in the greatest league in the world....the NBA. He was also an assistant in the NBA.
For him to choose to coach at Valley says a lot about his character.
Just wish JSU would've scooped him up before Valley got him.

Dude, your hatred of all things JSU is showing.
Horrible hire??!! Hunter was once an interim head coach in the greatest league in the world....the NBA. He was also an assistant in the NBA.
For him to choose to coach at Valley says a lot about his character.
Just wish JSU would've scooped him up before Valley got him.

Hatred of all things JSU? This is a VALLEY hire ... has nothing to do with JSU. Where did I mention where he went to school. Interim coach in NBA has nothing to do with a college head coach. Also he BEEN looking for a college coach. He didnt get the Miles job last year. So it aint like he had major college options.

Brent said you will finally see Brent ball this year lol. As if he hasn't been the coach the last 6 years
I spoke to Ashley at the SWAC Tourney and he told me they were bringing in 5-6 guys who could shoot....so I guess we'll see!

I spoke to Ashley at the SWAC Tourney and he told me they were bringing in 5-6 guys who could shoot....so I guess we'll see!

We brought in 6. I only saw 2 shooters smh. Plus we lose Chris Howell who was the anchor and most consistent. I'm not sure if J Walker has another year or not but we needed two guys to replace them and another one off the bench. Brent peaked 2015-16 season

IMHO, it's a great hire. You have a native, with a wealth of basketball experience that has star power. If all of the aforementioned translates into attracting Mississippi's elite talent, then MVSU will have a problem keeping the sharks from luring him away.....We'll see what happens.

We brought in 6. I only saw 2 shooters smh. Plus we lose Chris Howell who was the anchor and most consistent. I'm not sure if J Walker has another year or not but we needed two guys to replace them and another one off the bench. Brent peaked 2015-16 season
I agree that Howell was a remarkable player for us with skills around the basket! I'm pretty sure we lost Walker due to graduation but should have Venjie Wallis returning. It looks like McClelland and Smith (UW-GB) are the two Grad transfers in the group that were signed.

I agree that Howell was a remarkable player for us with skills around the basket! I'm pretty sure we lost Walker due to graduation but should have Venjie Wallis returning. It looks like McClelland and Smith (UW-GB) are the two Grad transfers in the group that were signed.

I dont expect McClelland to do anything offensively lol. The two guys I'm hoping will fill the void left by those two are J Smith and M Daniels. Venjie, Mckinnis, and L Howard will be our returning scorers. I'm especially looking forward to Mckinnis now that hes gotten a year under his belt. That boy is talented.

Back