LeVelle Moton keeps on winning at N.C. Central, but how long is he going to stay?

JSUTigers1877

FredDaAce
Look over the list of accolades N.C. Central coach LeVelle Moton has achieved at his alma mater and the admiration quickly turns to astonishment. As in, why is Moton still there? How has a bigger school with a bigger platform not lured him away? Since the school transitioned to NCAA Division I eight years ago, Moton has led the Eagles to three Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference regular-season titles and four NCAA Tournament appearances — including their current streak of three straight.
Moton uses the analogy that Central has become the “Black Duke” of the MEAC, where courts get rushed when the Eagles lose, teams take pictures at halfcourt and their success is generally more hated than celebrated. “Wherever we go we’re hated not only by the team we’re playing but the other teams in the conference are hoping we lose,” Moton says. “That’s unique hate. And I love it. I love being in that position.”

He's cosigned by Roy Williams and Coach K so I don't know why a Rutgers type or Big East school school hasn't reached out to him yet. Moving to a OVC level school is a lateral move IMO

He's cosigned by Roy Williams and Coach K so I don't know why a Rutgers type or Big East school school hasn't reached out to him yet. Moving to a OVC level school is a lateral move IMO

the lowest he should go is A-10. He has the co-signs and the resume to get a Power 5 look.

Maybe he likes his current situation. Everyone is not on a paper chase. Some put principal above pay.

Back