Law School or Str8 to work!

S

SB99

NOT INTENDED TO START DRAMA: That was for those ....... umm never mind.

Those of you who thought about attending law shcool or currently there, how did you come to a final decision on which one to do? Regardless, I will become an attorney (corporate or entertainment), but I also have a chance to work for Sony records, do some professional modeling, and other business things as well. If you have any advice PLEASE let me know.

P.S. The target audience is college students; therefore, I posted it here. I hope this won't upset anyone. :jump:

I didn't pursue a law degree...wish I had, but nevertheless, I will give this advice:

If indeed you have the kind of opportunity you described before you, JUMP ON IT!! With the kind of excitement and fulfilment those careers can offer you (not to mention the MONEY,) you will most certainly be in a good position to pursue a law career in the future. That sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity to me. I'd have loved to have had an offer to work in the recording industry put before after I finished college.

Think of it this way...you don't want to look back after some years have passed, and say "why didn't I do it when I had the chance?"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I pursued a law degree and found out that I could make more money by having a Ph.D. Most people will laugh and say that I'm crazy but think about it...my plan is to work for a think tank...be an adjunct professor...and apply for grants and set my own salary to do my research....and don't have to worry about other peoples problems.

I would tell anyone who is thinking about their future to seriously think about a Ph.D.....if you pursue the right one...your career could jump off in to so many fields...just my 2 cents..

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
I pursued a law degree and found out that I could make more money by having a Ph.D. Most people will laugh and say that I'm crazy but think about it...my plan is to work for a think tank...be an adjunct professor...and apply for grants and set my own salary to do my research....and don't have to worry about other peoples problems.

I would tell anyone who is thinking about their future to seriously think about a Ph.D.....if you pursue the right one...your career could jump off in to so many fields...just my 2 cents..

I tottally agree. In my area I have a variety of areas open to me.

:swink: :lecture: :read:

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:

Co-sign. Even though I won't graduate for a year, I've already been offered two jobs, with other possibilities on the horizon. And unlike other post-graduate degrees, you get paid to pursue a Ph.D., and you can supplement your school income with other grants and fellowships. Granted, it's a lot of work, and can be frustrating at times, but I would recommend it to anyone who's dedicated and hard-working.

Back