Kevin Durant and the mindset of many current NBA Players like him....

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I am really old fashion. I understand the liberties that come with being a free agent or being traded to the team of your choice, but I respect players more that got with a team or two, and stayed loyal over time. In more laymen's terminology, I wish they would just sit themselves down somewhere. It just takes away from his would be awesome legacy as a player....

All that squad that he was with at OKC had to do was just stay together and they would have had a ring or two or 3. So when he went to the Warriors, I wasn't too mad at him after he got that ring.... but man, this is ridiculous. I can say similar things about Kyrie, Harden, Lebron, and others...Much much respect to their skills, but again I just don't like this moving from team to team for the sake of moving.

...but this is just one man's option... #shrug

Last edited:
I am really old fashion. I understand the liberties that come with being a free agent or being traded to the team of your choice, but I respect players more that got with a team or two, and stayed loyal over time. In more laymen's terminology, I wish they would just sit themselves down somewhere. It just takes away from his would be awesome legacy as a player....

All that squad that he was with at OKC had to do was just stay together and they would have had a ring or two or 3. So when he went to the Warriors, I wasn't too mad at him after he got that ring.... but man, this is ridiculous. I can say similar things about Kyrie, Harden, Lebron, and others...Much much respect to their skills, but again I just don't like this moving from team to team for the sake of moving.

Put the SCOTUS on the case and they’ll surely put a stop to this.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Man I am right there with you!! I respect Durant's skills but him, Kyrie and others are a part of this whiny generation of players.

KD did this to himself . He could’ve stayed with gsw and won more rings with a stable organization and now he getting swept by the Celtics with a dysfunctional co -star in Kyrie… idk where his priorities are at this time.

KD did this to himself . He could’ve stayed with gsw and won more rings with a stable organization and now he getting swept by the Celtics with a dysfunctional co -star in Kyrie… idk where his priorities are at this time.

It's hard to have those priorities when you have your behind kissed nonstop and no real black man has been in your life to educate you.

Excluding LeChina James & Durant-notice most of these ring hopping guys can't sniff a title.

Chris Paul was just as bad. Pail George too. Harden, Cousins and Walls quitting on Stephen Silas in Houston. Then want to cry about the lack of black coaches. How many keep inheriting bad teams?

Hall of fame players are not suppose to be bouncing from team to team.

All these guys want to play with friends.

Yep. That dude is on something else and I don't know what it is. Top 5 players but as delicate as soft tissue mentally.

Someone mentioned Dame. You gotta include Steph, Klay and Draymond in this as well. That core has people wanting to come to the Bay to get rings. And the org didn't blow it up after Klay was hurt and the team struggled for a couple years

It’s easy to be loyal to an organization when that loyalty is shown back towards you. One way loyalty is stupidity. Otherwise you end up like Kevin Garnett was in Minnesota til he was traded to Boston.

The NBA has itself to blame for this environment of “I’m out of here”. Some guys can’t make it as leaders. Durant, Harden, Irving and the like. LeBron has ruined the Lakers. These guys have no idea how much destruction they’re leaving in their wake. They should be sitting at the table to right many social ills in their cities.

Back