KEMA! What did I tell you!

Vinita

Let's Go Lions, GO!
I heard on the news this morning that the attorney for Andrea Yates has stated that she will plead INNOCENT to the deaths of her children by reason of INSANITY.

Now, y'all, I am just as sympathetic to mental illness as the next person. I have been through post-partum depression (it lasted about 5 hours) ... but if you can CALL people and TELL them that there is something WRONG with your CHILDREN ... are you REALLY insane??

Nita, I'm sure that under the advice of her attorney, she has plead as such.

However, I work with people who know her husband and know of her through him. It has been stated by co-workers that he/she were excellent parents.

I understand your question and have to wonder myself! At the same time, I'm known as a sympathetic person. At the same time, my heart/mind will not allow me to believe she could not have been "mentally ill" or "distrurbed" by her very own actions.

How many folks do you know who can do something so heainous (sp?) and still look blank in the face?

What makes us "mentally ill"? How do we know when someone really is or not? My belief is that only God knows and that is the only opinion that will matter in the end.

I have ready many comments on other discussion boards some of which stated that "beyotch should get the chair",... "she aint crazy; she knew what she was doing..."

How do we know that? I mean none of us were in her mind and the fact still remains her doctors had her on "haldol, effexor, and some other anti-psychotic drug"...Was she taking them properly? What drove her to this?

All I know is that riding on that street is grim...Even the trees appear to have a sadness about them...:(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Being the parent of two boys of my own, whom I am just nuts about, I have to believe that a person has to crazy if they can just kill their own kids in a snap.

I am not saying I agree with the insanity plea, but I do think ole girl is crazy.

I'm sick of this

Every freakin' day it's something new with some kids being neglected, abused, killed, slaughtered, mauled, or what da hell eva. It's really funny to me that every, and I'll say it again, EVERY single time someone of the caucasian race does something wrong; they're @ss is insane.

WTF!!!!!!!:redhot: :mad: :redhot:

Is this gonna be their excuse or thier plea everytime they commit a crime? I don't buy the insane crap at all. If she and her husband were such good parents then, why did this happen? I really feel for the husband though. Did he see this coming? Did he really think his wife was this depressed? I think there's a difference in being depressed and insane. I may be wrong because I'm not an expertise in this area, but it's just my opinion.

One thing I can say is those babies are definitely in a much better place now..........AWAY FROM THAT MOMMA.

Crazy @ss mofos.:redhot: :mad: :redhot:

Let something happen to my baby......I'll be fried quicker than Del Monte makes sweet peas; regardless of whether I'm crazy, deranged, insane or not.:rolleyes:

SMDH @ this whole mess.

Re: I'm sick of this

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
Did he really think his wife was this depressed? I think there's a difference in being depressed and insane. I may be wrong because I'm not an expertise in this area, but it's just my opinion.

I don't believe she was depressed. The majority of people that suffer from depression are more focused on taking their own lives and feel <b>they</b> have no reason to live. The thought of taking someone else's life is usually the farthest thing from their mind.

I believe this woman has been misdiagnosed. She has a mental illness, but depression is not the one.

Ditto to D-Town

If it was someone black, they arses would be getting strapped to the table directly after the trail. Not even as much as a plea bargian would be offered.

He knew she was depressed. She's been under doctor's care for the past 2 years! She's on anti-depressants, and there is at least ONE reported case where she attempted to take her own life!

Ummm, we can't rightfully say we know she was not depressed. It is our opinion to think that way, but only God knows the truth.

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
There is at least ONE reported case where she attempted to take her own life!

Then it's a cryin' shame that she didn't succeed.....crazy @ss mofo.:redhot: :mad: :redhot:

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
He knew she was depressed. She's been under doctor's care for the past 2 years!

If she's been under a doctors care for this alledged(sp) post partum disorder, then why the "L" was she still having kids. All of them are about 14-24 months apart w/ the youngest being 6 months old. When she chased down the 6 y/o to kill him she knew what she was doing. She knew how to call the police when she killed them. She knew how to call her husband when she killed them. She knew what the "L" she was doing and deserves to get punished for doing so and going to a mental ward is not the answer. Put her arse in cell block D and let those "he-beoches" show her how to part-um posts and she'll have a disorder all right

that is sad and ashamed. I feel sorry for the woman who tooke her own childrens like. Life anit fair.....thats is sad!!!

Woman need to be put on death row a.s.a.p...nuff said and hell will comeforth after that!!

:(

Ms. J4J

Just curious about whether the father is "SANE". I heard an interview on CNN right after the incident. He APPEARED to be a litte unbalanced, too. It could have been the shock of the day, but he didn't seem "right".
I also agree with those of you who said that if she was insane, how did she SNAP-BACK long enough to make all of those phone calls (very rationally, I might add).
Also, was this her first bout with post mortem depression? I don't understand how those person closest to her could allow her to remain around those precious children. Someone should have recognized that there was a problem and keep the children away from her.
One last question for anyone --
While all of this killing was going on, why do you think she didn't just alleviate the real problem --
HERSELF --
or am I being TOO cruel?

Breaking News

They are now reporting that she is pregnent with another child......dayyum........:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now if she has a miscarriage will that be another murder....:confused: :redhot:

Fiyah, I saw that on the news last night. This is my armchair psychology on this sithy-a-shun.

1. We have history of her dealing with Post Partum Depression and other mental issues. This was confirmed for at least the last 2 years according to our news sources.
2. Attempted suicide when her father died 3 months after the birth of their last baby.
3. NOW LEARNED: she may be pregnant with another child.
4. She FIVE children, two of which were 2 and under.
5. Did she know she was pregnant at the time of the alleged murders? Was she overwhelmed and due to her "psychotic state", not understanding what she was feeling?

According to our Houston Chronicle Newspaper, there are three stages of Post Partum issues:
a. Post Partum <b>Blues</b> (get over it in a day or so)
b. Post Partum<b> Depression</b> (lasts a little longer and begins feeling defeated, worthless, helpless, etc.)
c. Post Partum<b> PSYCHOSIS</b> (This is when you've gone over the edge, not only feeling depressed, but lose touch with reality, having hallucinations).

Let's remember that Mrs. Yates did not define Post Partum Depression. This phenomenon has been around since women have been having children. Has Society paid enough attench to it? I can't answer that, and will assume that no one else knows the thoughts of ALL of the rest of society.

Again, I give Mrs. Yates, her actions, her family, and especially those kids to God.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
One of them should have had sense enough to say, "ENOUGH ALREADY! DAMN!" and had some goodies snipped or burned.

Back