JSU's Tinsley Qualifies for NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP tomorrow

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
This is your boi NT coming to you live from Fayettevill, AR.... Hate I had to miss the SWAC Tourney this year, but here's a bit of good news coming out of Arkansas tonight.

JSU's Michael Tinsley qualified for the NCAA Championship in the 400 M run.

His time of (46.02) was good enough for him to finish FIRST in his heat and to qualify him for the championship run tomorrow at 6:15.

Other runners qualifying for tomorrow?s championship are Xavier Carter (LSU), David Neville (Indiana), Lewis Banda (TCU), Sekou Clarke (Florida), Abe Jones (Illinois), Miles Smith (SE Missouri) and Aaron Buzard (Minnesota).

Hopefully Tinsley will bring home a national title to the SWAC.

p.s. This meet is out of this world. TV really doesn't translate how first-rate this deal is.

peace.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'm pulling for him..

I heard how first-class Arkansas' indoor facility is....is it everything the reputation says it is NT???

n101702977_30051551_2482.jpg

Congrats!

I would have thought he would have made it in the 60 meter hurdles. Good Luck Mike!

Bring home a national championship like Tremidia Brice (Texas Southern - 200 meters) in 2005 and Brian Johnson (Southern - long jump) in 2002 did!

Event 3 Men 400 Meter Dash
Finals
1 Xavier Carter SO LSU 45.28 2 10
2 David Neville JR Indiana 45.67 2 8
3 Lewis Banda SR Texas Christian 45.85 2
4 Aaron Buzard JR Minnesota 46.01 1 5
5 Micheal Tinsley JR Jackson State 46.11 2 4
6 Sekou Clarke SR Florida 46.39 1 3
7 Miles Smith JR SE Missouri 46.44 1 2
8 Abe Jones SR Illinois 46.92 1 1

Congrats Mike!

FYI: 45.28 on an indoor track is incredible! :eek:

Xavier Carter's dad is a SU alum while his mom is an LSU grad...

That's all they were talkin bout when carter came to BR, about his speed...he could be world-class though...

tell Mike don't hold his head down...the REAL track season is bout to go down (outdoor)...

Back