JSU Who is on the List as the Next Coach

Do you think coach Dooley was a good HC candidate for SU, yet alone a first-time HC at PV? 👀 SU hasn't improved too much from last fall and backdoor'd its way into the SCG whilst being zero'd 2 IC games and played a soft OOC schedule vs 2 very weak club teams. Competitive?

It's all best guesstimation w/ prepared planning, credential semblance, and forecasting, imho. 7 years ago, coach Prime was an OC at a HS and now he is a HC at a P5.
First of all, Dooley was not my 1st choice at SU. I'm still in wait and see mode with him. However, he had a decent track record as WR, OC and HC at this level.

IMO, Deion is still not a coach but a well connected figure head. He was smart enough to surround himself with quality coaches and entice quality talent via name recognition. Time will tell if that works at the next level against schools with the same bells and whistles as him.

Once again... not trying to bash Dancy but curious while he is always mentioned with his current track record.

It aint a coach or player in America who can create the buzz Deion did…. His personality made him who he is. I rarely heard him even speak on football or X’s and O’s … Im sure there may be a better football coach for the job… but its not going to be anyone else who could match Deion off the field or who has a name that is going to make recruits flock in like Prime.

Personally I hope JSU hires a guy with a big name to shut these HBCU haters up. Hell if they do a go fund me to do it I'm sending money. There are actually fools on social media like tictoc and Twitter talking about they live in Mississippi and never heard of JSU until Deion Sanders. Man I swear I hate these ignorant mofos.

The equivalent to Prime in basketball would ONLY be Lebron James. He is the only player I think that could get top basketball recruits to an HBCU on a steady basis… well Michael Jordan also.
yep and they ain't coaching no time soon -

It aint a coach or player in America who can create the buzz Deion did…. His personality made him who he is. I rarely heard him even speak on football or X’s and O’s … Im sure there may be a better football coach for the job… but its not going to be anyone else who could match Deion off the field or who has a name that is going to make recruits flock in like Prime.
Strahan could from a different perspective as he's in the room with the folks already - he's the opposite of Deion as Deion had the social side locked up but corporate he didn't have as much as many assumed so pair him with someone else could change things - he was already helping to begin with

but next person will have to do it in a major city to see

yep and they ain't coaching no time soon -

Strahan could from a different perspective as he's in the room with the folks already - he's the opposite of Deion as Deion had the social side locked up but corporate he didn't have as much as many assumed so pair him with someone else could change things - he was already helping to begin with

but next person will have to do it in a major city to see
Does Strahan help Texas Southern like that?

some names not mentioned... duce McCallister. chuckie (he needs an image rehab after that fall out)

But can you get Deuce outta that ESPN booth and come to the sidelines (he does college football and basketball)? And would he go against Ole Miss like that. Yes he is a UM/Mississippi legend but he is also black lol

But can you get Deuce outta that ESPN booth and come to the sidelines (he does college football and basketball)? And would he go against Ole Miss like that. Yes he is a UM/Mississippi legend but he is also black lol
Deuce main gig is with the Saints as color analyst and on FOX 8 in New Orleans

Sanders recommended Taylor, because he knew Taylor would NOT be going to Colorado with him.
Deion has pushed for TC to be a head coach for a minute. I wrote TC should be one of the candidates for the Southern job after Odums left for Norfolk State.

The next day, I get a call from a secretary with the JSU athletic department asking for me because Deion wanted to talk about the article.

She gives Deion my cell. Two minutes later, Deion FaceTime’s me saying he appreciated me mentioning TC and that he deserves to be HC somewhere and that I should write more about him (I didn’t). I thought that was … interesting. Maybe he thinks TC should get a real shot.

Deuce main gig is with the Saints as color analyst and on FOX 8 in New Orleans

Even more likely he stays in the booth then because he has this main gig and does ESPN on the side UNLESS they offer him something similar to what they offered Deion in an attempt to keep him

Deion has pushed for TC to be a head coach for a minute. I wrote TC should be one of the candidates for the Southern job after Odums left for Norfolk State.

The next day, I get a call from a secretary with the JSU athletic department asking for me because Deion wanted to talk about the article.

She gives Deion my cell. Two minutes later, Deion FaceTime’s me saying he appreciated me mentioning TC and that he deserves to be HC somewhere and that I should write more about him (I didn’t). I thought that was … interesting. Maybe he thinks TC should get a real shot.
C'mon Kendrick, Deion wasn't writing to help TC out. You SHOULD know that. 😏

Back