Jamal Lewis to be Indicted on Federal Drug Charges

jstate83

GOAT FARM!
Jamal Lewis

From June 2000 to July 2000 ..........:confused:

Why did it take so long if the dates are that confined.
Evidently, he has nothing before or after these dates for them to look at.

Yet another sad commentary in the life of a young Black athlete.

With all the money he makes, why in hell is he dealing drugs? :smh:

Another young brother who's been given the world on a platter, and still can't stay out of the stupid factory.

:smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't know about this.

He was drafted in 2000.
Training camp start at the end of July.
Played first game in Sept. of 2000.
Indictment is from June to July 19, 2000.

He was not "making" the big money then. If they knew about it, why wait 4 year's to indict someone over something the can pin down to a specific time and phone call.

Must be a weak case.:cool:

I just saw this story covered on the local news.

They're saying Lewis allegedly introduced one of his friends to an undercover cop to buy 5 kilos of cocaine, with Lewis getting a $$cut. The sentence for a conspiracy charge is a minimum of 10 years.

I shole hope this aint true. (Of course, Lewis is said to be denying it). I've followed this dude's career since he was in high school. He was the most dominating high school player I've ever seen. And I was real happy when he went on and continued doing big things at Tenn. and then in the NFL.

damn!

had to come in and speak on this!

that "Yay" will do it everytime! jamal ma boi the fedz been watchin & waitin to yank you from the spotlight....I hope you have a good lawyer:)....hollarin at R. Kelly would be smart

please dont sing like a bird....no pun intended;)!!! jus go on and pay the consequences for being stupid!!!.....thats if they find you GUILTY!....hell! Im not that familar with the court system concerning dope cases! but thangz dont look too good ma boi...

if jamal sings....i have a feeling he is not the only high profile athlete who will go down!

Jamal tryin to supply the "A" wit dat Yay.........YEAUHHH!!!::lil john voice:: :(

I dont think he did anything wrong. I think that they really dont have anything on him, cause there are some things that are not adding up.

Originally posted by jstate83
I don't know about this.

He was drafted in 2000.
Training camp start at the end of July.
Played first game in Sept. of 2000.
Indictment is from June to July 19, 2000.

He was not "making" the big money then. If they knew about it, why wait 4 year's to indict someone over something the can pin down to a specific time and phone call.

Must be a weak case.:cool:

He'd signed his contract in June or July of 2000. For his sake, I hope it's not true, but if it is, it will be par for the course with many of these pro athletes over the last decade or so.

Re: had to come in and speak on this!

Originally posted by TRU3000
....I hope you have a good lawyer:)....
Ed Garland is one of the most celebrated lawyers in Atl.

The feds are said to have a taped recording of Lewis, where Lewis was acting as the middle man (and maybe even more)

as for whether he had signed his contract at the time of the alleged incident, don't know, but he was wheeling around town in a Hummer, so if he hadn't signed the contract, the brotha had to know it was just a matter of time.

damn!

money is nothin at UT!!!*flashback summer 99'*

*remembering my intern Summer 99' intern at Oak Ridge National Lab 30 minutes away from UT!!!*

Im not suprised about Jamal Lewis havin dat cheeze!!!$$$$$$$$$$$...before he signed!
I had some high school classmates playing for UT at the time they had jus won the national championship!The Black Arts Fest was goin on that weekend! and we decided to all trail each other back to "Da Ville"... so we outside of Gibbs Hall waiting on Ed Butler to find his championship rings an heyyy what do yo know!! Ced(49ers) and Tee Mart(Steelers???) pull up in a jet black 1999 big body TAHOE!!!! rimmed out....Im like WTF lol.. then Tee blurts "Im trailin yall too" I need to see my ole lady friend from the house(mobile) that goes to A&M..

you know its deep when many of you mentors at ORNL have rooms in there house dedicated to THE LIFE OF UT football...:rolleyes: ...keep in mind these are people with high-paying jobs!$$$$$

like I was sayin earlier if Jamal sings alotta people may go down on this ship!....either way it wasnt a good decision by Jamal!!!

my prayers go out o Mrs. Lewis....she seemed so proud of her son at the Ravens game! not to mention a nice lady..

Jamal Lewis surrenders to FBI on drug charges

Jamal Lewis surrenders to FBI on drug charges

By BILL RANKIN
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 02/26/04

Star NFL running back Jamal Lewis today pleaded not guilty to being involved in a drug conspiracy almost four years ago.

During a brief court hearing, a federal magistrate allowed Lewis to be released on a $500,000 bond, with 20 percent of that to be deposited immediately.

Read the story

The problem with this whole mess is that he didn't need the negative publicity because he was right on the verge of doing something great. :mad:

Re: Yet another sad commentary in the life of a young Black athlete.

Originally posted by AAMU Alum
With all the money he makes, why in hell is he dealing drugs? :smh:

Another young brother who's been given the world on a platter, and still can't stay out of the stupid factory.

Forreal. I hope that is some BS, cause this brother is too talented and I thought TOO Smart to deal with anything pertaining to Drugs.

Praying for you Jamaal.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Lewis: Charge has no basis

Lewis: Charge has no basis

By BILL RANKIN
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 2/26/04

NFL star Jamal Lewis proclaimed his innocence Thursday shortly after writing a $100,000 check to remain free on bond while awaiting a drug conspiracy trial.

The Atlanta native's initial appearance in federal court came just weeks after he finished a dream season as a Baltimore Ravens running back, falling 39 yards short of setting an NFL single-season rushing record. Lewis, a 1997 graduate of Douglass High School, is charged with trying to set up a cocaine deal in the summer of 2000, only a month before he signed a $35 million NFL contract.

Wearing a gray pinstripe suit and standing in a steady drizzle outside the courthouse, Lewis gave his first public comments since an indictment against him and a boyhood friend was unsealed Wednesday. "I just want to say it's extremely important to me that my family, my friends, my fans and the Ravens organization know that I am innocent," he said.

Read the story

Man, all this because of an informant. :shame:

Back