Jackson State Welcomes 1,000 New Students

Nonchalant

Hail, Hail To Thee...
http://jacksonstate.wordpress.com/2...-1000-new-students-during-annual-move-in-day/

[h=1]JSU welcomes close to 1,000 new students during annual move-in day[/h]
meyers-freshman-move-in-2012-12.jpg

JSU President Carolyn W. Meyers (left) gets to know a JSU parent.

(JACKSON, Miss.) – More than 1,000 students and their families from across the country arrived on the Jackson State University campus Aug. 11 for JSU’s annual move-in day.

“I see lots of smiling faces,†said JSU sophomore Shontrice Garrett, who was among the scores of volunteers who helped new students carry their belongings into residence halls. “We’re here to give tips about where things are on campus and help people get settled.â€

Students from states including Illinois, Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi arrived at residence hall drop-off locations, where they where greeted by dozens of enthusiastic Jacksonians, including JSU President Carolyn W. Meyers.

Freshman biology/pre-veterinary major Jared Adams of Decatur, Ga., arrived with his mother, Angela Adams. Though it wasn’t her first time dropping off a child at JSU – her eldest son Justin is a JSU senior this year – she said it was going to be tough to say goodbye.

“This is my baby,†she said. “He’s going to be so far away.â€

Still, Adams said she felt good about having both of her sons at JSU. The young men are third-generation Jacksonians and have been attending JSU football games since before they were born.

“We’ve been coming down since I was pregnant,†she said. “We come to Homecoming every year.â€

Jared Adams, who was also accepted to Clemson University and Louisiana State University, had mixed feelings about leaving home.

“I feels kind of good,†he said. “But it’s bittersweet.â€

JSU move-in day kicks off the university’s Welcome Week, which runs through Sunday, Aug. 19. Welcome Week activities include workshops, social gatherings, community service projects and orientation sessions. The first day of classes is Monday, Aug. 20.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
http://jacksonstate.wordpress.com/2...-1000-new-students-during-annual-move-in-day/

[h=1]JSU welcomes close to 1,000 new students during annual move-in day[/h]
meyers-freshman-move-in-2012-12.jpg

JSU President Carolyn W. Meyers (left) gets to know a JSU parent.

(JACKSON, Miss.)

Jared Adams, who was also accepted to Clemson University and Louisiana State University, had mixed feelings about leaving home.

“I feels kind of good,” he said. “But it’s bittersweet.”

Yeah he is attending the right university. :shame: talking like that is what they do in Sippi. :gone:​

Last edited:
People was all over the place.

I ate on the yard for the first time in YEARS. I say again, these kids don't know nhow good they got it. This was the first time I have really went deep into campus, behind closed doors since the renovations started.

Burger King, Subway, Chic Fa La, restaurants, a cafiteria that serves all you can eat if you on the meal plan instead of one fish cake on a bun with some fries and jello for dessert like when I was there. :lol:

Back