Jackson State Greeks Cap New Members at 50

Makaho 2.0 said:
^^That's the sad thing Dirty.....

They wanna put the cap at 50 for everybody. Which would mean between the 9 orgs they could only have 5.5 members iniated.

WHAT?!?

Makaho 2.0 said:
They wanna put the cap at 50 for everybody. Which would mean between the 9 orgs they could only have 5.5 members iniated.

Make that 6 orgs. The Alpha's, Kappa's and Iota's are in limbo for right now.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Iota's in limbo.... when were they not in limbo?

There is exactly how many of them?

*hears tumbleweeds rolling*

Dirty said:

LOL!!!

Actually, the Iota's were given the o.k. to have a line last year, but the whole line dropped........as I was told by a chapter member. The school recently put up the new Greek monuments and marked them, and I don't remember seeing the Iotas' monument marked. I may be mistaken, though.

LS Syndicate said:
LOL!!!

Actually, the Iota's were given the o.k. to have a line last year, but the whole line dropped.

Well that's 4 new guys for AphiA to scoop up on.

:lol:

Dirty said:

Here's some news for you, Dirty:

The GOOD news is that the Iota's did have a line this year...4 guys!

The BAD news is that no one noticed. :(

Well here at Prairie View, the 50 member cap rule was put into effect a couple of years ago. Also each organization had to decide upon whether to have a line in the spring or in the fall but not both. Much like JSU this is never a problem for the fraternites because they never reach the 50 member cap. But this is a different case with the sororities. But it never has been a problem because all but one of the sororities have three day processes. Plus all but one have lines every other year because most of the chapter members are graduating. In my observation here at PV, the 50 member cap still didn't encourage the bond that needs to be displayed in a organization. Like you guys at JSU, we harked about it to for a while but times are different so you have to do things different. But one thing remains the same: whoever is meant to be is meant to be. So those who are inspiring just need to up you game more and make sure that you be in that number. Nuff Said.

This really should not be a problem for the ladies either becasue when I was at JSU the ladies only had lines every other year. Those lines were about 100 girls so 50 per year would be the same thing. Crossing 100 per year would be a bit much anyway.

GramTigress said:
Yeah...most guys appear to be ok with it because they hardly ever have over 50 people on line. We all know sororities may just have a line of 100, but usually there is an underlying reason.

I think I like it. Let's see how it pans out!

How can you Bond with 99 other people.

Even in lets just say 8 weeks?

Being GREEK now has lost its PRESTIGE......especially when half the damn campus has letters. :retard:

BandFan said:
How can you Bond with 99 other people.

Even in lets just say 8 weeks?

Being GREEK now has lost its PRESTIGE......especially when half the damn campus has letters. :retard:

People today don't care about bonding..... AKA has even gone so far to have a legacy clause ( I guess they got tired of everybody's mama calling). I really hope that we survive another 20 years because if your heart isn't in it............

Tigerpride said:
People today don't care about bonding..... AKA has even gone so far to have a legacy clause ( I guess they got tired of everybody's mama calling). I really hope that we survive another 20 years because if your heart isn't in it............

This isn't really new...Heritage Daughter, Legacy Clause...many titles it has seen. It is been proposed and beat down in the past.

Through the years as we struggle...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back