Is North Carolina A&T's Tarik Cohen the next Darren Sproles or nah?

Man he runs w/ a purpose! True talent.

I think we have that same type capability in the backfield @ PV but the trench POA bloc...k....i...n...g..... has to improve. :(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
He could thrive if he went to the Saints. That system would allow him to thrive like Sproles when he played there

He could thrive if he went to the Saints. That system would allow him to thrive like Sproles when he played there

Sproles and Reggie Bush with that spread. I believe both backs (Sproles and Bush) gain more yards on short screen passes as a Saints.

I left them cheaters off on purpose lol

I can't stand them either. They have been a thorn in my Steelers side forever. We might have made more SBs if it wasn't for them mofos. But Bill B is the kind of cat who will take a non household name and do something with them in his system. Just like they do with them short WRs. Cohen would be their Kevin Faulk all over again. I think he played in NE for at least 10-11 years. I got my eye on them. Whether they take him later in the draft or take McCaffrey earlier.

Every short white WR is a Wes Welker type and every short black running back is possibly a Deron Sproles.

Why can't he be Danny Woodhead, man. Lol

I can't stand them either. They have been a thorn in my Steelers side forever. We might have made more SBs if it wasn't for them mofos. But Bill B is the kind of cat who will take a non household name and do something with them in his system. Just like they do with them short WRs. Cohen would be their Kevin Faulk all over again. I think he played in NE for at least 10-11 years. I got my eye on them. Whether they take him later in the draft or take McCaffrey earlier.
Knowing New England, it'll be McCafferey. lol

Can Cohen catch the ball out of the backfield? How good is he in pass protection?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Not talking about stunts. I'm talking about in the game, coming out of the backfield on screens and routes.

He didn't return kicks either. So the Sproles comparison is lost upon me.
Comparing stats he caught more passes in college than Sproles did.

What folks have to realize, in order to make a short scat backs effective, a team must have deep threat receivers too. The Saints had Marques Colston and others as their deep threat receivers and hybrid TE/Receiver Jimmy Graham when Sproles played for them. That deep combination created fits for opposing defenses. If the Saints had a defense, they would have won at least 2 or 3 more SB's easily.

Back