Is L.C. Cole at ASU for the duration?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
ASUers, John Longshore of AM740 said early this week he didn't expect L.C. Cole to be around next year. I don't know if he was doing that just to aggitate ASU listeners and spur calls. Anything to this? They had all the coaches including L.C. Cole in on the morning show/TV show(?) this week. I was out of town and didn't catch any of the interviews. Did any of you catch the interview with Cole?

Bruh,

I think everyone knows that LC is not going to be in Montgomery very long. Actually, I would not be surprised to see him back at TNState if things don't go well for TSU this year.

I hope ASU is enjoying this while it lasts.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What's up with this?

On a serious note, what the hell is up with L.C. Cole? Is he frustrated or what, what is up with this?

Sad is when an athletic official from a school get on TSPN and talk noise behind a computer. Especially given the situation of that certain "athletic official".
:( :(

There are two reasons L.C. Cole will not be at Alabama State long.

1. 18 players not eligible to play in 2001.

2. NCAA investigation if they do play.

Not an "insider", but local sports talk caught attention.

I know nothing about ASU football or TnSU football and the whole Cole thing. I take Cole-to-ASU for face value; Cole was under some heat at TnSU for the investigations that were looming there and had a good opportunity to get out and more duckettes to boot was my read. I would say that it was stunning that ASU went after mugz as Billy Joe (?) and Cole though.

Other than that, I had no reason to question Cole's longevity at State, but when I heard this F-in big mouth white sports talk show host here in Montgomery,,, who is a University of Alabama graduate and couldn't give a rat's arse about small college football, much less a black college,,, but who has made some dang bold calls in the past that have turned out to be significant,, I took note.

Surely ASUers here in Montgomery must listen to AM 740 and this guy from time to time because he be running smack about ASU listeners and the station has ASU interns working there,, had one last year I believe. Thus I have to ask ASUers is there anything to this? Does the Watkins wash out effect the thinking of Coles? Welp, I'm gonna tell you right now; unless it is a key game or Homecoming at Tuskegee,,, I WILL BE at the ASU vs TnState game because this carries much intrigue and should be very heated.

Not just L.C. Cole, but we must consider whether any of our coaches might start to feel a bit stagnant in the SWAC. Don't misinterpret this as a put down of our league, but is just winning a SWAC championship incentive enuff to remain dominciled (especially after it has been done a couple of times).

When you look at all the teams that are considered contenders
GSU and JSU are the only two who's coaches are alumnus of their schools...also, with Hughes years of service it's not likely he would leave! Pete Richardson might be enticed to bolt to a mid-major such as his alma mater Dayton, Cooper has contacts out there and would probably leave to be a D1 def coord., Bill Thomas might be looking at moving to administration (based on his past as AD at TnState)

Just food for thought!

Tigerpride, why do think L.C. might end up back at TSU? Given L.C.'s history in terms of his relationship with the TSU administration and even the fans after his departure, I just don't see him being welcomed back at TSU. L.C. burned alot of bridges before he departed Nashville and TSU. He made matters worse by making untruthful statements about TSU after he was gone. Many of which he was called on the carpet for when he was interviewed on a local sportstalk show in Nashville. A show in which Cole made a fool of himself. While TSU made the decision not to get into a he said she said battle with him, Cole seemingly was set on stirring up the pot. In a televised interview with him after he left TSU, he was questioned about some of decisions and practices and was literally made to look like an idiot. The sad part about was everyone new it but him. But the real harm that he did to himself was that he alienated those that were supporters of his even after his departure.

Unless there is some alumni group at TSU that would push strongly for his return (and too my knowledge there isn't such a group) Cole will never coach at TSU again.

TSU faithful are looking at the future and have put L.C. on the back burner. He is no longer a topic of discussion among TSU fans. It's old news and we wish him well. But do we want him back? NO.

Back