Internet Explorer or Netscape

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
Which web browser do you use? What are the advantages of Netscape over IE. I'm thinking about downloading Netscape.

Dont.

I left Nescape alone when I discovered EI. The new Nescape is good but over all I like EI.

NASTYNUPE said:
Which web browser do you use? What are the advantages of Netscape over IE. I'm thinking about downloading Netscape.
I used to love Netscape but the job stop upgrading it but upgraded IE. So I started using it[Netscape] on the Linux servers. Well, communicator came out and it was too big for what you got from it. It slowed down and took up too much space in memory.

I did not like IE, but it grew on me. In fact it is a little faster then Netscape, imagine that. Bill Gates is his name and he is all about Money and Microsoft.

Although they are really the same thing...if you want to try Netscape get Mozilla....it tends to not have the bells and whistles that sometimes mess Netscape up to me.

I also notice that IE is becoming more of a standard simply because it is on top right now and people are designing things that use features that Netscape doesn't support.

Personaly I think its kinda dumb. There is one HTML spec and one Style Sheet spec and one Javascript spec and neither of them implement these completely or correctly.

I for one prefer Netscape, but being a software developer, I'm forced to develop websites that are made to work on IE. I'm sure that is the standard because it cuts development time down since I don't have to test my webpages on both IE and Netscape.

With IE 5.0 and above, Microsoft did away with the support of plug-ins (Netscapes version of the ActiveX), and that really killed Netscape.

Basically, I use IE because I'm force to use it and majority of the websites are developed to work on IE.

Since I have a Mac I use Safari or Camino. I use IE only when necessary, some websites don't like (or recognize) Safari or Camino. I've been told Opera is a pretty good browser.

Back