I'm sorry MVSU, but...

Politically speaking, unless the state wants to build Valley another campus on the east side of Greenwood it is a bad idea. Valley is less than a thirty minute drive from Delta State. The more they resemble the more likely they will become merged as one, and I'm pretty certain in red state Sip which school will be relegated to the history books. Too bad the state legislature acted in bad faith when it created Valley. If they were halfway serious Valley would have been located in or around Greenwood just like Delta State is in or around Cleveland. Greenville would have been even better.

Athletically speaking, I'll just say I hope the best for them. If at some point, they switch to D2 of their own will and accord, I hope my thoughts above fail to materialize.

Last edited:
Politically speaking, unless the state wants to build Valley another campus on the east side of Greenwood it is a bad idea. Valley is less than a thirty minute drive from Delta State. The more they resemble the more likely they will become merged as one, and I'm pretty certain in red state Sip which school will be relegated to the history books. Too bad the state legislature acted in bad faith when it created Valley. If they were halfway serious Valley would have been located in or around Greenwood just like Delta State is in or around Cleveland. Greenville would have been even better.

Athletically speaking, I'll just say I hope the best for them. If at some point, they switch to D2 of their own will and accord, I hope my thoughts above fail to materialize.
Dude in Mississippi nobody cares about valley and I'm from Mississippi, Jackson to be excat. Valley gets as much coverage as txsu and pv gets in Houston. Valley should go d3 or naia.

Back