If you could have marched

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlySU

SU LAB
We all know you LOVE YOUR BAND but,if you could have marched in any other SWAC band who would it be ?? Name two SWAC bands..
For me
1st- J-State
2nd- AAMU

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

For me if SU didn't exist:

TxSU
FAMU

Based off of what I grew up on, I see alot of folk talk like TxSU is second rated in Texas SWAC bands.. From what I been seeing, not a band in Texas reached the climax. For many N.O. folk they were a big influence in New Orleans as well as SU..

Basically if you was from New Orleans, TxSU was that other band to join in the 80's...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
1. UAPB
2. Texas Southern

I would say UAPB because being from Little Rock, that is the band I grew up watching. It is the ONLY Black College Band in our state.

I choose Texas Southern because I love the city of Houston, and I would have liked to live there.........

We all know you LOVE YOUR BAND but,if you could have marched in any other SWAC band who would it be ?? Name two SWAC bands..
For me
1st- J-State
2nd- AAMU

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Well if I based it off the old days it would have been:

1. JSU - just because I was fan of them growing up in J-town.
2. TxSU- the old Ocean of Soul was a crowd pleaser.

For me if SU didn't exist:

TxSU
FAMU

Based off of what I grew up on, I see alot of folk talk like TxSU is second rated in Texas SWAC bands.. From what I been seeing, not a band in Texas reached the climax TxSU reached and they were a big influence in New Orleans as well as SU..

Basically if you was from New Orleans, TxSU was that other band to join in the 80's...

JSU had quite a few cats from the NO in the 80s.... One of their best DMs was my frat bro Morris Armstrong from St. Aug in the early 80s..... they had some more cats come in the mid to late 80s from NO

JSU had quite a few cats from the NO in the 80s.... One of their best DMs was my frat bro Morris Armstrong from St. Aug in the early 80s..... they had some more cats come in the mid to late 80s from NO

You are right JSU was another band kids from New Orleans flocked to... But the masses were at either SU or TxSU from the folk I knew...
Alot of stuff St.Aug got credit for came from TxSU...

I LOVE THE JUKEBOX!!!!!!! But truthfully, Doc gooped me into coming!!!!!

I sent my audition tape with a tbone and btone audition on it and when i spoke to Doc on the phone afterwards, he told me i had a scholarship for baritone..... when i get to camp on Sunday, he calls my name with the trombones!!!!! I ask him about it and he told me that if I wanted to march with HIS band, i was gonna play trombone...

-JSU(But not if i had to go NOW!!!!!)
-GSU <---- Only because I'm curious as to the fact if they even TRY to sound good!!!! I wonder what a typical day at practice is......

Hey, why not?! High school athletes go to nowhere colleges for easy fame and help build the program........ Maybe i REALLY shoulda went to :vomit: *ramblin

Do you have any idea about what Valley was like before they attempted to become showstyle?

If not, try finding out...:rolleyes:

You know...forget I even said anything.

I don't know why a simple thread asking a simple question has got to have answers questioned by anyone...:smh:

Carry on.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Do you have any idea about what Valley was like before they attempted to become showstyle?

If not, try finding out...:rolleyes:
Well since my cuz was quarterback in the early 80's, I've been watchin them, and nothin special caught my eye. Maybe u talkin about before then but from what I've seen, poo!:tdown: And how u know unknown is talkin bout way back when? From what I'm seeing unknown is just being silly!!:D

See post above yours. As you can see, I recanted and withdrew my previous post.

I digress.....Only on TSPN....:whatever:
anyhoo...I didn't answer the question.

TXSU
TennState...:)

Someone asked me if I wanted to audition for the Juke when I was at the Lab, and was asked the same when I went to Baker. I still somewhat regret it to this day that I didn't march. The only other choice(s) was/were...FAMU or J State.

FAMU Because its the only non swac band i respect.........and jstate because i wouldve torn that band apart......seems like you can do whatever you want to do when your playing......i woulda been wiiiilllldddiin!:eek:

I LOVE THE JUKEBOX!!!!!!! But truthfully, Doc gooped me into coming!!!!!

I sent my audition tape with a tbone and btone audition on it and when i spoke to Doc on the phone afterwards, he told me i had a scholarship for baritone..... when i get to camp on Sunday, he calls my name with the trombones!!!!! I ask him about it and he told me that if I wanted to march with HIS band, i was gonna play trombone...

-JSU(But not if i had to go NOW!!!!!)
-GSU <---- Only because I'm curious as to the fact if they even TRY to sound good!!!! I wonder what a typical day at practice is......

U BETTA WATCH YA MOUF !!!!!:goof: :goof: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :slap: :slap: :read: :read:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back