I Know What It Means, To Love New Orleans......

D-NICE

Retired Milkman
This coming Thursday morning, New Orleans will officially rename it's airport, and with this change, it's one of the thousands of reasons, I'm proud to call New Orleans Home.

From Thursday on, when you fly into the city, you will arrive in Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.

I'm not sure if we are the first to name/rename our airport after an Afro-American/Black/Colored/Negro, or whatever you want to call yourself, or us, but in any event, this move makes me proud to be a New Orleanian.

NICE

Great news!

See how New Orleans works together! Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport? Has a nice ring too it! It is a bit long! Sounds way better than George Bush Intercontinental in Houston...

I do believe New Orleans is the first. I remember glancing at an article talking about this and I think it said that it was the first. Way to go!!

Ms Jag,

See how New Orleans works together! Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport? Has a nice ring too it! It is a bit long! Sounds way better than George Bush Intercontinental in Houston...

Dont be mad at Houston, remember Their number 1 terminal is named after Mickey Lealand.

I feel ya on this D-Nice
when I read about that in the Detroit newspaper I was so proud. Now they need to get the economy together!

Gram Alum, the day New Orleans gets the economy together, will be the day I move home.

NICE

I think it's great, but they need a massive upgrade/cleanup at that airport. Last time I flew into NO, I was a little embarassed.

0804_satchmo.jpg
http://www.nolalive.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/newsstory/louis04.html

It's good to see the name change for a world renowned jazz artist. But, with all that money being made off Mardi Gras, Ebony festival, professional team, Superdome etc.---- The airport should look a lot better. As many hurricane and lond-Island ice tea drinks that I consumed down there, I hope that my money was being used wisely to help refurbish the airport.

What D-Nice said!!!

"I know what it is to miss New Orleans."

Now get that economy together so I can go home!!!

Back