I just don't understand your people

HBCU's I feel you, but with this particular game, very few are there to see the game, and that's why they left. I mean how many hard core fans, actually go to this game expecting it to be competitive?

As many of you have said, it's the bands, the fashion show, the after party, the concerts, and many of the other things that "Classics" take away from the HBCU game.

I don't know how many times I sit and listen to the radio stations here in DC, and Baltimore, waiting on them to hype a Howard game that's not 1: The Hampton game when it's played here, or Howard's Homecoming, or Morgan St's Homecoming. If it's not a big game, you don't hear anything about it.

These "Classics" offer very little for the game itself, but they hype everything else surrounding the game, hell some of them don't even tell you what time the game starts, but will tell you what time their pre-game party kicks off.

Until more focus is put back on the game, instead of these pre-game & after party, Ms. "insert classic" pageant, fashion you, battle of the bands, rib cook off, and other thing you think of, the game's will continue to look as they do.

NICE

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
D-NICE said:
HBCU's I feel you, but with this particular game, very few are there to see the game, and that's why they left. I mean how many hard core fans, actually go to this game expecting it to be competitive?

As many of you have said, it's the bands, the fashion show, the after party, the concerts, and many of the other things that "Classics" take away from the HBCU game.

I don't know how many times I sit and listen to the radio stations here in DC, and Baltimore, waiting on them to hype a Howard game that's not 1: The Hampton game when it's played here, or Howard's Homecoming, or Morgan St's Homecoming. If it's not a big game, you don't hear anything about it.

These "Classics" offer very little for the game itself, but they hype everything else surrounding the game, hell some of them don't even tell you what time the game starts, but will tell you what time their pre-game party kicks off.

Until more focus is put back on the game, instead of these pre-game & after party, Ms. "insert classic" pageant, fashion you, battle of the bands, rib cook off, and other thing you think of, the game's will continue to look as they do.

NICE

All sounds like exploitation to me. But it wouldn't be the first time we have put ourselves int that position.

That game empties after halftime depite the score in '98 the score was 21-21 at haltime and the stadium emptied. The State Fair has alot to do with it, also I think the people in Dallas are more interested in the Battle of Bands verses the game. Many Dallas natives and visitors visit the High School Battle of the Bands the morning of the Battle of the Bands !~

Back