Huge Congrats!!

Kappalicious

KEEPER OF THE FLAME!!
Huge Congrats to Grambling's Randy Hymes on his winning the Street and Smith Eddie Robinson Black College Player of the Year this weekend in Atlanta.

The Coach of the Year went to Tuskegee's Rick Comegy. He won out over Doug Williams of Grambling State who took the honor last year and Anthony Jones of Morehouse.

This event, presented by Colgate Palmolive, was a tremendous event and the Eddie Robinson Foundation is pleased to present these very important awards each year.

Hymes was especially excited to receive such recognition because he was not recognized for the year with any SWAC awards.

Female Athlete of the Year went to Tiffany Isaac of Paine College and the Humanitarian Award winner was Antonio Pettigrew, 2000 Olympic Gold Medalist and Community Activist in North Carolina.

Congrats to all the winners!!

;)

Originally posted by Kappalicious

Hymes was especially excited to receive such recognition because he was not recognized for the year with any SWAC awards.

Hmmmmm . . . . interesting,

Third best QB in the SWAC, yet best player in black college football.

O.K.

;)

Don't "hate"........CONGRATULATE!!!!!

Originally posted by Deuce

Hmmmmm . . . . interesting,

Third best QB in the SWAC, yet best player in black college football.

O.K.

;)

"Quarterback" of the Two-Time Defending SWAC Champions!!!
(You need to recognize...the folks in Atlanta know the deal)

Congrats Randy....

I don't know how they voted, but congrats to Randy anyway!

I think this and other awards he is receiving this season are a result of his two years worth of work......only one loss as a starter. The team only has 3 losses in 2 years. Plus when he was on TV.......the man took advantage of the spotlight.

TV works wonders for a player...don't believe me, ask over rated Joey Harrington after he becomes a 1st round pick!

Originally posted by Suge

I think this and other awards he is receiving this season are a result of his two years worth of work . . . .

I guess they're giving Lifetime Achievement Awards now.:D

Anyway, congrats to Hymes ! ! !

Congrats to Randy Hymes...

I would have voted for him due to his leadership, courage in the face of adversity, and devotion to team. For two years, on televison and on the practice field, he was constantly being "chewed" upon by his Coach. Props to Doug for pushing Randy to be all he could be and DOUBLE PROPS to Randy Hymes for being man enuff to take it!

Back