How much do books cost??

Bengal E

On an average, how much do your books cost per semester? Individual and total please. I was talking to some adults who go to evening school here and was like :eek: @ the prices they pay for books. So now I wanna know is that the norm so I won't pass out when my child goes to college and I'm footing that bill.

Thanks

Last full semester I attended I paid around 350 on books. I have a co-worker who had to buy 200 on books for one certification class. it depends on your major and what books they choose.. Figure around 70 dollars a book for liberal arts... 100 a book for anything science and technology related. Hope you only have one book for a class. Workbooks and outside reading run up the bill even more.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am getting Masters in EE and my controls book at the store on campus was 145 and my Communications books was like 95. I went on line to halfbuy.com and got one for 35 and the other for 30 used.

Originally posted by Dirty
Last full semester I attended I paid around 350 on books. I have a co-worker who had to buy 200 on books for one certification class. it depends on your major and what books they choose.. Figure around 70 dollars a book for liberal arts... 100 a book for anything science and technology related. Hope you only have one book for a class. Workbooks and outside reading run up the bill even more.

Good point - it also depends on what your classification is. Freshman year is pretty expensive and it gets better as you progress.

if at all possible, try to buy used books. it depends on the teacher. i was a criminal justice major and most of my teachers didn't use books and we took tests from notes.

Originally posted by Bengal E
On an average, how much do your books cost per semester? Individual and total please. I was talking to some adults who go to evening school here and was like :eek: @ the prices they pay for books. So now I wanna know is that the norm so I won't pass out when my child goes to college and I'm footing that bill.

Thanks

Political Science 401= 2 books Total=about $120
Political Science 391= 1 book (so far) Total= $14
Biology 143 (neglected to take it to get these political theory classes out tha way) Total= $85 used

My first semester
Sociology I= 1 book $45 used, $52 new
Political Science= 2 books $115 new, $95 used
French I= 1 book $135 new:eek:

Back