How is your mental health?

buckwheat1911

A think in these trying times, we all are going through some things. It can be dealing with COVID, sicknesses, death of a loved one, etc. I have some close friends that lost their mom's recently. I lost my mom last year to brain cancer. I've talked to them about the feeling of there being a hole in my life now that my mom is gone. We all have talked about how difficult things are mentally. I've talked about counseling, which can help us deal with our sorrow. How are you all dealing with mental health, and things going on in your life that is stressful?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Seriously….I’m angry as fuck. I post to laugh but honestly I’m mad. I’m mad that I have to look at my mother who is 81 and went through Jim Crow and we have black kids out here who refuse to vote or even work.
I understand. I'm angry that our black boys continue to shoot eachother over dumb shit. I wish that they could get counseling for that trauma that they have experienced to make them want to harm others.

In the last couple of years, my spiritual beliefs have evolved, yet I haven't given up my faith. I just look at my beliefs differently from the way it was taught to me and live it in a way that makes sense to me. The previous has been exactly what has helped me to get through mentally.

Last edited:
Okay. I been on FMLA for almost the entire month taking care of my wife. Man, it's been very trying. But, her family decided to let me catch a break, and return to work.

Honestly, I didn't have to go back. But, when you are just sitting at home watching the Oxygen Network all day. It will wear on your mind.

I understand. I'm angry that our black boys continue to shoot eachother over dumb shit. I wish that they could get counseling for that trauma that they have experienced to make them want to harm others.

Brother, they are being raised by women that not held accountable for their actions and misdeeds. Seriously, what person in their right mind would keep having children without the basic needs of life?

In the last couple of years, my spiritual beliefs have evolved, yet I haven't given up my faith. I just look at my beliefs differently from the way it was taught to me and live it in a way that makes sense to me. The previous has been exactly what has helped me to get through mentally.
In other words, having faith is cool but you're starting to realize that most of the stuff you were taught doesn't make sense at all? I remember when I reached that point. Faith is cool, but no longer a major part of my life. Had to move over to what makes sense vs what could possibly happen in some type of vague scenario that I can give credit to it to someone else even though I did all of the work.

You hit it on the head for me. I don't do organized religion anymore. I still believe and always will I just have let me put it nicely like you said evolved.

Brother, they are being raised by women that not held accountable for their actions and misdeeds. Seriously, what person in their right mind would keep having children without the basic needs of life?

The ones who know they will NEVER be held accountable.

The ones that will scream there there is no help yet it's been there all the time-you just have to ASK.

. I’m mad that I have to look at my mother who is 81 and went through Jim Crow and we have black kids out here who refuse to vote or even work.

This is when we call out our black media and so-called black leaders.

We shouldn't have to beg for Black history to be taught in school. It don't take much to teach a kid about Africa before slavery at home or even in the church.

We can get 500 versions of The Chi, Power, Real Hoodrats, Scandal and fake woke toxic black magic shows. Why is it a battle to do stuff about folks like Ida B Wells? Dwayne MCDuffie and all these other black folks that get ignore.

Where are the shows that showcase black business owners who DON'T have to act a fool on reality shows? Especially the young black males who own their own businesses at age 16?

Back