Houston HS folks, Madison done it again

• Thread starter The Panther Fan
  • Start date

T

The Panther Fan

put it to Hightower with ease tonight. MHS scored first but HHS answered with their own scoring drive. MHS defense stepped up and stopped HHS running game and MHS scored 23 second quarter points to cruise 55-20 something.

They said Vincent won't beat you with the pass, ask Hightower's CB's. They got burned so bad tonight for long passes it was pitiful.

This win felt good for me because one, we still have a black school in the playoffs, 2, it is near my neighborhood, 3, several coaches are Prairie View graduates. 4, Hightower's opening diluted the talent base at Willowridge. The same blacks cheering for HHS were for WHS several years ago. Lovely.

and 6, HHS hit its peak because their freshman class will start up Thurgood Marshall HS next season.

Next Saturday, 4:30 vs Austin Westlake at the Dome. AWHS comes out of a weak region but their teams are fundamentally sound. However, Madison will have the better athletes and better overall speed.

See ya..

The funny thing is I predicted a 56-21 Madison win and I was off by only one point (Hightower's two-point conversion). Vincent Young is the most awesome high school QB I've seen since Eric Gray of Aldine years ago, although I think Young is better.

Speaking of Hightower's talent, I found out today one of their best players live on my block, but fair is fair, if he can see the benefit of attending Hightower, then I shouldn't feel bad by rooting for Madison. When Madison score reached 44, Hightower's fans deserted them.

It would be very nice to see Madison win State and if they remain as focused as in past they should take it. Is Westlake the team that Earl Campbell's son play?

LBMH, the running back lives in Hunters Glen (Smith) and Bohannan went to MCMS at one time before going to Lake Olympia. PM me the name of the player that stays on your block, probably went to MCMS with my bros.

Westlake is the team Campbell's son played for. Their lilly white, you probably won't see a black guy on that roster.

Hightower's fans are fairweather, they arrived yapping and left sagging after halftime. Typical HWY 6 folks

Panther:
I see you were on point. I didn't have a chance to post as of l8... But, I'll make up for it here by FIRST saying: "Didn't I tell ya'???!!!" LOL Denton Ryan man! Denton Ryan! QB, WR, RB, and WR#2. All tracksters w/ state level speed in 4A. They're all juniors and are returning next year (barring anything bad). I play bball w/ one of the WRs on Sunday nights and his head is just out there... Show that boy a blonde haired blue-eyed woman @ Fla State or Miami and he's there. There's no recruiting him.

Also, I predicted that The Woodlands would fold and they did (in grand fashion). But, their district is LOADED w/ talent (inclusive of Chris).

As for the Westlake/Madison game? My heart says Madison, but, HISTORY and KNOWLEDGE of how FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND Westlake is says Westlake will win it. White or not, they KNOW how to play team ball and they execute very well as they've been VERY consistent for well over 14+ years (my former high school coach is their head coach). They remind me of Highland Park, Celina, and Southlake Carrol (or even the old Stephenville). Them boys and coaches KNOW how to play team ball and they do it well. Even as good as Denton Ryan is, if they EVER matched up w/ Southlake Carrol, they'd get ran off the field. Oh, Southlake Carrol is the same high school that has it's OWN private indoor practice facility. Mind you, the Cowboys don't own one, so, they had to use the local high schools' (ala Carrol) indoor stadium when the weather went awry here. Carrol has been in 4A for only 4-5 years (I think) and they USED to dominate 3A. White guys are something to see...

I told yall too!

Bay City been bustin' heads! Madison over Hightower was a no brainer. Panther Fan what time is the Bay City game? Are you gonna be at the dome for all the games? I may meet you there around 3 if so.

Pison, I brought that up to some folks about Westlake's fundamentals and they agreed with me. They are the benefactor of a weak region but they seem to have a knack for advancing when they play Region 3. When they played Eisenhower last year, Uke was easily the better team but they made bonehead mistakes against Westlake. (plus it don't help if you fumble 4 times in a row)

BUT, this Madison team has not been challenged this year (except the NS shootout) and they seem to have their head on straight. I am usually on their sideline after the game and I do not see kids celebrating after every play like the past. Folks wondered would they have a let down last week against Hightower but they went out and scored 55 points in a business like approach.

Madison will have faster and talented kids on the field against AWL. If they continue like they are doing, you canot stop them.

They have averaged 50 points in the playoffs. The offensive coordinator is from Prairie View. :eek:

------------------

Mike, I've missed the Bay City game two weeks straight because I b.s. at home. But since the Madision game is at 4, I'll be at the Bay City game this week. I have some acquaintances on that team.

I hang out in the press area and I am on the field at the end of each game. Send me an e-mail at HBCUSPORTS@AOL.COM if you want contact information.

My dad is from Lufkin and so is the rest of his family. They "SWEAR" that they have the best QB in the state. I try to tell them otherwise, but I hope they meet in the 5A Final week after next.

Everyone from East Texas swears they have the best (Sorry East Tex Tiger).

Oh well.... Young won't have no less than 350 yards total offense in the state championship game..... should Lufkin make it. My grandfather swore his 1973 Buick Electra had revolutionized the automobile industry too.

one thing we seen that they haven't....

Houston has seen and evaluated McNeil last week, Lufkin hasn't seen Young

thw word is he sure won't play QB at A&M, especially since the Baytown Lee junior commited already, that tells you about him

Back