Hey! TheReporter! Got a quest for ya'. :-)

Panther88

Banned
A few questions for you mon amie.

Unbiased of course. :rolleyes:

1. Y on't you give us a pre-preliminary thought on how you think the race will fare this fall for football '06 if all goes as everyone plans?

2. Who do you think the 'dark-horse' (pardon the pun) will be in the East/West?

3. Your guesstimation on records/IC(in conf)/OOC(out-of-conf) victories. Standings. :)

4. How do we PVers prepare our fans to celebrate more victories this fall than we've ever had in 35+ years? :shame: (underhanded :slap: smack lol)

Aight, here's my best guess (and it's a guess).

East: Alabama A&M, Alcorn, Jackson, Valley, ASU.

West: Grambling, Southern, Pine Bluff, Prairie View, Texas Southern.

Prairie View will be better. How much better will depend a lot on them. A lot of teams, after a while, just get used to losing. Even when they have a good team, they figure out ways to screw it up, mostly because they lack confidence. On the flip side, a lot of the traditional powerhouses win a whole bunch of games simply because they expect to. That's something PVAM has to overcome.

I'd say a big key to the season will be PVAM's game in Montgomery against ASU. If they're doing OK up to that point and can go on the road and win that one, which shouldn't be all that tough considering ASU will be terrible, they could get rolling and challenge for the West.

I'm very tempted to move Pine Bluff in front of Southern. PB could be pretty good with that running game. The only problem I have with them is that the running game is just about all they've got. If it's shut down, that's trouble.

I simply can't even begin to dissect the schedules for each team. But I'll say this: I'd be shocked to see one team run away with either division the way Grambling did last year. Each division should be up for grabs deep into the season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Panthro said:
A few questions for you mon amie.

Unbiased of course. :rolleyes:

1. Y on't you give us a pre-preliminary thought on how you think the race will fare this fall for football '06 if all goes as everyone plans?

2. Who do you think the 'dark-horse' (pardon the pun) will be in the East/West?

3. Your guesstimation on records/IC(in conf)/OOC(out-of-conf) victories. Standings. :)

4. How do we PVers prepare our fans to celebrate more victories this fall than we've ever had in 35+ years? :shame: (underhanded :slap: smack lol)

On the serious tip........I thought you were about to pose the aforementioned question relating to baseball. :lol: :confused: :lol: :emlaugh:

Anywho, in terms of football, PV is headed in the right direction........my guess that are about the 7th ranked team in the league of 10........{bottom 3.................. 1) TXSU 2) JSU 3) UAPB}

TheReporter said:
. . . I'd say a big key to the season will be PVAM's game in Montgomery . . .

That game will be played at Prairie View this year, not Montgomery. And for the record, I expect Prairie View to be pretty good this year. I think they've gotten a taste of success, and they like it. :tup:

JROCK: lol Yeah, I'm tempted to talk on it but I saw where y'all took 2 of 3. We still ain't where we need to be. But, we're getting there and hopefully we'll finish up the 2nd half even stronger. Should be a strong shoot-out (pardon the pun of course :shame: ) when May rolls around for the tourney. Looking forward to it. :tup:

Thx for the correc'ion Deuce. :tup:

Reporter, why you thinking ASU won't be that good this fall? :confused: They seem(ed) to be talented across the board albeit they've lost that all-world QB, RB, and methinks WR. Special teams was sound, etc. :confused:

I'm going to ask you... one by one how <b>you</b> see each team faring this fall mon frere'. :) That Deriso guy from Ruston done wetted up my apetite for fall football. :tup:

First up, Alabama St:

<b>I-A GAME:</b>
Sept. 2 at Troy University

<b>HOME GAMES:</b>
Sept. 9 Texas Southern
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Sept. 16
Nov. 11 Mississippi Valley State,
Tuskegee University Nov. 23

<b>CLASSICS:</b>
Jackson State in the 33rd Gulf Coast Classic at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala. on Oct. 7
Alabama A&M, is scheduled for Oct. 28 at Legion Field in Birmingham, Ala.

<b>ROAD GAMES:</b>
Alcorn State (Sept. 23),
Southern (Sept. 30),
Prairie View A&M (Oct. 14)
Grambling State (Nov. 4).

Deuce said:
That game will be played at Prairie View this year, not Montgomery. And for the record, I expect Prairie View to be pretty good this year. I think they've gotten a taste of success, and they like it. :tup:

You're right. I had looked at ASU's schedule and was thinking about one of the two usual bottom runners -- Prairie View or Pine Bluff -- coming to Montgomery. Got em mixed up. Just swap out Prairie View for Pine Bluff in that sentence.

What you trying get at Panthro???? Allen Gr whoops I mean Tony S dayum I mean Reporter don't fall for it man!!!!!! snicker

MACBFAC said:
What you trying get at Panthro???? Allen Gr whoops I mean Tony S dayum I mean Reporter don't fall for it man!!!!!! snicker

Nah. I'm not smacking Mac! I really wanna' know how he seez'em, that's all.

I listened to Deriso (sp) and he was knowledgeable and said a lot of stuff that I was in agreeance w/, from the outside looking in.

I wanted his <b>unbiased</b> view. That's all.

It's hard to forecast for sure what or how things can pan out. This is the "crazy SWACK" where almost anything can occur. :)

Next up, Alabama A&M University:

09/02/06 Tennessee State John Merritt Classic The Colesium Nashville, Tenn. 6:00 PM
09/09/06 Grambling StateHall of Fame/Health and Wellness Day Huntsville, Ala. 6:30 PM
09/16/06 Mississippi Valley State Itta Bena, Miss. TBA
09/23/06 Texas Southern Houston, Tex. TBA
10/07/06 Southern SIAC Football Champions Weekend Huntsville, Ala. 6:30 PM
10/14/06 Stillman Homecoming Huntsville, Ala. 3:00 PM
10/21/06 Arkansas-Pine Bluff Pine Bluff, Ark. TBA
10/28/06 Alabama State Magic City Classic Legion Field Birmingham, Ala. 2:30 PM
11/04/06 Jackson State Jackson, Miss. TBA
11/11/06 Alcorn State Youth Day Huntsville, Ala. 1:30 PM
11/18/06 Prairie View A&M NASA/High School Senior Day Huntsville, Ala. 1:30 PM

Alcorn State:

Sept. 2, at Louisiana-Monroe, 6 p.m.

Sept. 9 at Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 6:30 p.m.

Sept. 16 at Langston (Okla.), 6 p.m.

Sept. 23 vs. Alabama State, 2 p.m.

Oct. 7 at Prairie View, 4 p.m.

Oct. 14 vs. Texas Southern, 2 p.m.

Oct. 21 vs. Southern, 2 p.m.

Nov. 4 at Miss. Valley State, 2 p.m.

Nov. 11 at Alabama A&M, 1:30 p.m.

Nov. 18 Capital City Classic: vs. Jackson State, TBA

Dec. 2 at Grambling State, 1 p.m.

Date Opponent Location Time
Sept. 2 Mississippi Valley State Chicago 4:00 (Chicago Classic)
Sept. 9 Alcorn State Home 6:00
Sept. 16 Alabama State Away
Sept. 23 Southern Illinois Home 6:30
Sept. 30 Tuskegee University St. Louis 4:00 (Gateway Classic)
Oct. 7 OPEN
Oct. 14 Grambling State Little Rock
Oct. 21 Alabama A. & M. Homecoming 2:30
Oct. 28 Jackson State Home 6:00
Nov. 4 Prairie View Away 1:00
Nov. 11 Southern Away
Nov. 18 Texas Southern Home 4:00

Grambling:

Sept. 2 vs. Hampton University Birmingham, AL LegionField (ESPN2) 3:00 p.m.
Sept. 9 ALABAMA A&M* Huntsville, AL Louis Crews Stadium 6:00 p.m.
Sept. 16 vs. University of Houston Houston, TX Robertson Stadium TBA
Sept. 23 OPEN
Sept. 30 vs. Prairie View A&M*Dallas, TX Cotton Bowl 6:00 p.m.
Oct. 7 MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE* Itta Bena, MS Rice-Totten Stadium 1:00 p.m.
Oct. 14 at Arkansas-Pine Bluff* Little Rock, AR War Memorial Stadium 1:00 p.m.
Oct. 21 at Jackson State* High School Day Grambling, LA 1:00 p.m.
Oct. 28 TEXAS SOUTHERN*Houston, TX Robertson Stadium 1:00 p.m.
Nov. 4 at Alabama State* Grambling, LA 3:00 p.m.
Nov. 11 OPEN

Nov. 18 OPEN

Nov. 25 vs. Southern University* New Orleans, LA 1:00 p.m.
Dec. 03 vs. Alcorn State* Grambling, LA Robinson Stadium 1:00 p.m.

Couldn't retrieve JSU's sched due to IE v6.0.2800.* not recognizing something on their TigerSports homepage. :confused:

:shame:

I'll leave this be, for now. :)

Back